This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Shows flags in footer not in primary menu

Solution: Requested custom language switcher for this requirement.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gregorK-3 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 18, 2016 at 6:52 pm #1009486

gregorK-3

Hi guys

Language switcher works just fine in footer, but showing only default language in Primary menu (hamburger at hidden link)

If you add /en to url you can see english version working just fine, but i just cannot get to show ENG flag in menu.

Thank you for your support

August 19, 2016 at 8:32 am #1010043

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the support team. We are happy to help you.

Most probably it will be a compatibility issue with your theme and WPML. Please take a full site backup. Then switch to default WordPress 2015 or 2016 theme and confirm the issue exists or not.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 19, 2016 at 10:36 am #1010353

gregorK-3

I deactivated all plugins and still not working. I cannot change the theme to deafult because off all configuration ..

Yea i'm pretty sure it has to do something with theme, i just thought you might know any "hack" to make it work 🙂

August 19, 2016 at 3:41 pm #1010914

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

You make a custom language switcher for this purpose. Please check following tutorial for more details. You can find few examples with code. You can try it in a test installation with the default theme(2015 or 2016) and then you can add the code to live site theme.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

You can also consult your theme author for guidance. Each theme has their own standards 🙂

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 20, 2016 at 10:38 pm #1012090

gregorK-3

I added shortcode into template child and now it works

Thank you