This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.52 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Shows flags in footer not in primary menu

Solution: Requested custom language switcher for this requirement.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gregorK-3 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 18, 2016 at 6:52 pm #1009486

gregorK-3

Hi guys

Language switcher works just fine in footer, but showing only default language in Primary menu (hamburger at hidden link)

If you add /en to url you can see english version working just fine, but i just cannot get to show ENG flag in menu.

Thank you for your support

August 19, 2016 at 8:32 am #1010043

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the support team. We are happy to help you.

Most probably it will be a compatibility issue with your theme and WPML. Please take a full site backup. Then switch to default WordPress 2015 or 2016 theme and confirm the issue exists or not.

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 19, 2016 at 10:36 am #1010353

gregorK-3

I deactivated all plugins and still not working. I cannot change the theme to deafult because off all configuration ..

Yea i'm pretty sure it has to do something with theme, i just thought you might know any "hack" to make it work 🙂

August 19, 2016 at 3:41 pm #1010914

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

You make a custom language switcher for this purpose. Please check following tutorial for more details. You can find few examples with code. You can try it in a test installation with the default theme(2015 or 2016) and then you can add the code to live site theme.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/custom-language-switcher/

You can also consult your theme author for guidance. Each theme has their own standards 🙂

--
With Regards

Bigul

August 20, 2016 at 10:38 pm #1012090

gregorK-3

I added shortcode into template child and now it works

Thank you