This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 29, 2019 at 8:07 pm #3918389

abelF-3

Prezados, boa tarde.
Estou com um problema na tradução do rodapé e do Sidebar. Como podem visualizar nas fotos em anexo, realizei a tradução dos modelos dos mesmos, mas no site, quando mudamos de idioma eles permanecem com o idioma original.
Obrigado desde já.

Link: hidden link
----------------------------------------

Dear, good afternoon.
I have a problem with the translation of the footer and Sidebar. As you can see in the pictures attached, I translated the models of the same, but on the site, when we change the language they remain with the original language.
Thanks in advance.

Link: hidden link

May 30, 2019 at 7:24 am #3920939

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Abel,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area, please? I just want to have a look at the way you translated these elements and see why are they not working when changing the language. I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 31, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3930697

abelF-3

Dear Radu, have you visualized?

June 1, 2019 at 12:11 pm #3935085

abelF-3

Dear, could you verify this?

June 3, 2019 at 8:08 am #3940053

Radu
Supporter

Hey Abel,

Sorry for the late reply. I checked your website again and I could see that the footer elements are translated now. Have you managed to sort this out in the meantime?

Thanks,
Radu

June 3, 2019 at 11:37 am #3941957

abelF-3

Good morning Radu,

I need to release a version for the client and had to do some "wrong" procedures to get the footer and sidebar to be translated temporarily.

WPML is only translating the content of the page and as a palette to the problem, it includes the footer and the sidebar in the content. That is, the footer and sidebar are not replicating on any page.

When I have content added to the space intended for the footer or sidebar, it does not translate. I emphasize that the translation is done, so much that it is the one that is visualizing in the content of the page.

June 4, 2019 at 10:55 am #3950581

Radu
Supporter

Hey Abel,

As I can see, you added the the footer elements inside the page. Can you move them back to the footer area so I can have a look at this section and see how can we translate it, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 4, 2019 at 11:47 am #3951131

abelF-3

Good morning Radu,

You have the 2 footers, the footer, and the footer in the correct area. As you can see, the same page template is not translated into the footer session.

June 10, 2019 at 12:13 pm #3987353

Radu
Supporter

Hey Abel,

Can you tell me if you changed the credentials for the account you set up for me, please? I tried to use the username and password you send to me but they are no longer working. I just want to have another look at the footers.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Sidebar and Footer Translation’ is closed to new replies.