This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4324463

jennaS-3

I am trying to:
View my sidebars on the front end as they have always displayed ( same side bar in both translation pages, just with translated words

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
english with no sidebar: hidden link

frnech with sidebar:
hidden link

I expected to see:
What has always been there as mentioned above

Instead, I got:
no sidebar on original english
sidebar on french

I have made no changes to the sidebar widgets and then just noticed this happened.

Attached is a screenshot of the widget that is assigned to be available to both languages

August 1, 2019 at 9:54 pm #4325443

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Jenna,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

This is a bit odd since the setting for the widget seems to be the right one. I checked the sidebar section on the English page thinking that maybe I can see any error inside it but it seems that it's actually empty. In this case I'll need to check this out a bit closer and for that I'll need access to the dashboard area.

Could you try first to deactivate all the plugins except for WPML (and its add-ons) and main WooCommerce plugin, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and see if the issue is still there, please? Is just want to make sure that this is not a compatibility issue. If this didn't make any difference, just give me access to the dashboard and I'll take it from there.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 2, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4331069

jennaS-3

So i disabled all and re enabled one by one. It seams like the woosidebar plugin was causing it, but the second time i re-enabled it, it seams all is working now.

Whats strange is that two of my 3 footer widgets disappeared completely.

Strange but at least it is working now

August 5, 2019 at 10:57 am #4339981

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Jenna,

I had a look at the right sidebar that looks fine now. I also checked the footer widgets and these elements look good on both languages. Have you managed to sort this out too? I just want to make sure that everything works well.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Sidebar diapeared on main language and only visible on secondary’ is closed to new replies.