This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by niklasB-9 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 10:51 am #4281943

niklasB-9

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm using the Enfold theme. The sidebar doesn't show up on the page when I change the language. I tried to follow the suggestions here in the Forum, but I couldn't find a solution.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? one-bound-beyond.org/blog

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Niklas

July 25, 2019 at 11:23 am #4282461

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Niklas,

Thank you for mentioning that you already tried the solutions from other topics in this forum. In this case, I think I will need to have a closer look at this issue and check how the sidebar is created. Can you give me access to the dashboard area of the website, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 25, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4283675

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

Can you check the credentials you send to me, please? I tried to use them and now I have only one attempt remaining. This time I double checked that the next reply is private.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 8:15 am #4288257

Radu
Supporter

Hey Niklas,

The credentials worked fine this time. I checked all the elements and the sidebar should be displayed with no problem. Can you try to deactivate all the plugins not required by WPML, activate the main Enfold theme, and tell me if the sidebar is still missing? All the options for translation look good but that sidebar element is still no rendered. This little check of deactivating the plugins will show us if one of them is causing this issue.

Thanks,
Radu

July 26, 2019 at 9:44 am #4288733

niklasB-9

Hey Radu,

when I do this it shows up (but it gets added two times in a row, the english version looks normal). I've attached a screenshot.

Best regards,
Niklas

July 27, 2019 at 9:35 am #4293065

niklasB-9

Hello Radu,
to make the test more concrete. If I deactivate all Plugins (instead of the WPML ones) the sidebar still doesn't.
If I keep all Plugin activated but change from Child Theme to Enfold Theme the sidebar shows up in the way as in the screenshot.
Niklas

July 27, 2019 at 10:35 am #4293257

niklasB-9

Hello Radu,
I got it working. I don't really know how. I changed the sidebar settings and put them back as before and then it works. Strange, but ok.
Thank you for your help.
Niklas