This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lennartE 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 5:06 am

lennartE

This case is a bit complicated since the site we are working on is not public yet.
The public site is on an older server with PHP 5.5.9 with /en/ for English but the customer wants to have different domain names for Swedish and English.
We decidid to put the new site on a newer server with PHP 7.

This is the problem:
If I change language to Swedish, the Contact sidebar is still in English. The file sidebar.php is in the theme.

Appreciate your help since we have struggled with this problem a long time.
Please contact me private to get ip number to dev. site

October 2, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2782294

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with your issue.

You wrote: "..If I change language to Swedish, the Contact sidebar is still in English. The file sidebar.php is in the theme..."

Clarifications:
1. Have you rescanned this theme in the new site and then subsequently translated the localized strings in the String Trnalsation table?

2. I am opening the private area for you to provide connection details to your development site. Please also include steps on how to see the untranslated strings on your frontend.

Thanks

October 2, 2018 at 5:48 pm
October 2, 2018 at 8:21 pm #2782734

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I went to the String Tranlsation table and searched the domain "fluid" for the strings. They were there so I translated them (to best of my knowledge). Now the sidebar appears translated.

Does this resolve your issue?

October 4, 2018 at 4:36 am #2786425
lennartE

Thank you so much.
There still is one problem though.
When I use the Swedish form an email is sent ok.
But when I use the English form the "Thank you" page shows up but there is no email sent.

New threads created by Yvette and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-no-email-sent-from-completing-form-in-2nd-language/

October 4, 2018 at 12:48 pm #2787535

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Since this other topic is not related to the original issue that you opened the ticket for, I have created a new ticket in the forum and assigned it to myself to work on.

As the original issue is resolved, we can close this ticket and continue our work on the new ticket.

October 8, 2018 at 4:24 am #2794746

lennartE

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!