This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 4:43 pm

adwin

Previous closed support post to get up to date on my issue: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/sidebars-broken-french-displaying-wrong-content/

I am trying to: translate pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:The page in french, as I created it in cornerstone all in french

Instead, I got: the some reason the french page displays the english page.

August 27, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4467997

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I applied some changes to the way WPML handles Cornerstone custom fields. You can find those options at the bottom of your page editor inside of the Multilingual Content Setup. Those settings are glbal for all pages and can also be edited at WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation.

After applying the changes I updated the content on the Cornerstone Editor and retranslated the page. The translation is working now.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 28, 2019 at 4:18 pm #4475863

adwin

Thank you for resolving this. However, it seems the styling is now missing from the French page. hidden link

I have more pages to fix that had the original issue, could you please give me step by step instructions and again, help to fix the styling afterwards.

August 28, 2019 at 5:18 pm #4476123

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for providing the access details.

There are current issues in regards to latest changes on Cornerstone. Our compatiblity team is reviewing the issue and working on a solution. You website issue has been escalated and I will be in contact as soon I receive more feedback from our team.

We hope for your understanding.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 6, 2019 at 12:10 am #4522205

adwin

Hello, just wondering if there are any updates on our issues? Thank you

September 6, 2019 at 3:43 am #4523247

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

There have been late changes on Cornerstone that are causing issues with the current version of WPML.

Our developers recognized the cause of the issue and are currently investigating about a solution. Until now, I do have not a workaround available to solve the issue in the meantime, but I will be in contact as soon I receive more feedback.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 11, 2019 at 3:59 pm #4555155

adwin

Any updates on this?

September 11, 2019 at 11:01 pm #4556645

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Until now I did not receive another workaround or any news regarding updates that will solve the issue.

I have reached out to the developers for more feedback about the progress and will contact you as soon I received an answer.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 17, 2019 at 11:19 pm #4591235

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As far I can see that the issue with the Classic Sidebar Element which should display the main-sidebar is remaining.

I am trying to find out how this main-sidebar that is placed in the widget has been created. Could you please provide detailed steps?

The text seems translated and I am not finding any differencies between the css design and layout of the English and French page.

I am waiting to hear back from you. In the meantime please make sure to update your plugins, as we release new versions in the meantime.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 20, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4613609

adwin

Hi there. After completing all updates etc I tested my page again and retranslated to french.

2 Issues still:

1. French page is displaying english text even though the page has been translated using Cornerstone
2. Styling is broken on French page

English: hidden link
French: hidden link

September 21, 2019 at 12:42 am #4614553

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The Multilingual Content Setup for the page "Intra-Uterine Insemination" shows that the system field "_x_portfolio_columns" was set to "copy".

This is why the coloumns containing the content were not showing up on the Classic Translation Editor.

The case for layout and style issues has been escalated to our compatilbity team, which is investigating and working on a solution, as latest changes about how Cornerstone handles layout and design changes are causing WPML not to function correctly.

Take note that currently, there is an issue with translating the old, classic (legacy) Cornerstone elements using any of WPML’s translation editors. As a workaround, you should be able to translate the classic elements manually.

As you use the Widget Classic Title, Classic Text and Classic Widget Area I wanted to suggest to translate them for now manually, while changing the site language in the top admin bar. Anyhow, I realized now, that the French Cornerstone Front End Editor for the mentioned page does include the French text and the "Service" column, but it does not show up on the translated site.

I will follow up with you about this issue as soon I receive a workaround.

In the meantime please install the X Theme and the Cornerstone Plugin in their latest versions on the following test site, as I would like to see if we do have the same issue on a new WordPress install:

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the site is ready for testing.

Further, enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the results. In case the debug-log is very long please add it to a web tool like pastebin.com and send me the link.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 21, 2019 at 9:20 pm #4616743

adwin

X and Cornerstone are now installed on your test link.

I added the define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

to our wp.config file.

Not sure if this is the prop debug info or not:

{"core":{"Wordpress":{"Multisite":"No","SiteURL":"http:\/\/108.163.189.162\/~fertility","HomeURL":"http:\/\/108.163.189.162\/~fertility","Version":"5.2.3","PermalinkStructure":"\/%postname%\/","PostTypes":"post, page, attachment, revision, nav_menu_item, custom_css, customize_changeset, oembed_cache, user_request, wp_block, cs_template, cs_global_block, cs_user_templates, x-portfolio","PostStatus":"publish, future, draft, pending, private, trash, auto-draft, inherit, request-pending, request-confirmed, request-failed, request-completed, tco-data"},"Server":{"jQueryVersion":"1.12.4-wp","PHPVersion":"7.2.22","MySQLVersion":"5.6.45","ServerSoftware":"Apache"},"PHP":{"MemoryLimit":"1024M","WP Memory Limit":"512M","UploadMax":"30M","PostMax":"100M","TimeLimit":"120","MaxInputVars":"1000","MBString":true,"libxml":true}},"plugins":{"active_plugins":{"sitepress-multilingual-cms\/sitepress.php":{"Plugin Slug":"sitepress-multilingual-cms","X Plugin":"","Name":"WPML Multilingual CMS","PluginURI":"https:\/\/wpml.org\/","Version":"4.2.8","Author":"OnTheGoSystems","AuthorURI":"http:\/\/www.onthegosystems.com\/","TextDomain":"sitepress-multilingual-cms","DomainPath":"","Network":false,"Title":"WPML Multilingual CMS","AuthorName":"OnTheGoSystems"},"cornerstone\/cornerstone.php":{"Plugin Slug":"","X Plugin":"","Name":"Cornerstone","PluginURI":"http:\/\/theme.co\/cornerstone","Version":"3.5.4","Author":"Themeco","AuthorURI":"http:\/\/theme.co\/","TextDomain":"cornerstone","DomainPath":"lang","Network":false,"Title":"Cornerstone","AuthorName":"Themeco"}},"mu_plugins":[],"dropins":[]},"theme":{"Name":"X","ThemeURI":false,"Author":"Themeco","AuthorURI":"http:\/\/theme.co\/","Template":"","Version":"6.5.5","TextDomain":"__x__","DomainPath":"","ParentName":""},"extra-debug":{"WMPL":{"hide_upgrade_notice":"4.2.6","icl_capabilities_verified":true,"active_languages":["en","fr"],"interview_translators":1,"existing_content_language_verified":1,"language_negotiation_type":"1","theme_localization_type":2,"icl_lso_link_empty":0,"sync_page_ordering":1,"sync_page_parent":1,"sync_page_template":1,"sync_ping_status":1,"sync_comment_status":1,"sync_sticky_flag":1,"sync_password":1,"sync_private_flag":1,"sync_post_format":1,"sync_delete":0,"sync_delete_tax":0,"sync_post_taxonomies":1,"sync_post_date":0,"sync_taxonomy_parents":0,"translation_pickup_method":0,"notify_complete":1,"translated_document_status":1,"remote_management":0,"auto_adjust_ids":1,"alert_delay":0,"promote_wpml":0,"automatic_redirect":0,"remember_language":24,"icl_lang_sel_copy_parameters":"","translated_document_page_url":"auto-generate","sync_comments_on_duplicates ":0,"seo":{"head_langs":1,"canonicalization_duplicates":0,"head_langs_priority":10},"posts_slug_translation":{"on":1,"string_name_migrated":true},"urls":{"directory_for_default_language":0,"show_on_root":"","root_html_file_path":"","root_page":0,"hide_language_switchers":1},"xdomain_data":"1","custom_posts_sync_option":{"post":"1","page":1,"attachment":1,"x-portfolio":1,"wp_block":1,"custom_css":"0","customize_changeset":"0","oembed_cache":"0","user_request":"0","cs_template":"1","cs_global_block":"1","cs_user_templates":"1","frm_styles":"0","frm_display":"0","frm_form_actions":"0"},"taxonomies_sync_option":{"category":"1","post_tag":"1","translation_priority":1,"portfolio-tag":1,"portfolio-category":1,"frm_tag":"0"},"tm_block_retranslating_terms":"1","admin_default_language":"_default_","taxonomy_names_checked":true,"ajx_health_checked":true,"st":{"db_ok_for_gettext_context":true,"WPML_ST_Upgrade_Migrate_Originals_has_run":true,"WPML_ST_Upgrade_Db_Cache_Command_2.4.2_1_has_run":true,"WPML_ST_Upgrade_Display_Strings_Scan_Notices_has_run":true,"WPML_ST_Upgrade_MO_Scanning_3_has_run":true,"WPML_ST_Upgrade_DB_String_Name_Index_2_has_run":true,"WPML_ST_Upgrade_DB_Longtext_String_Value_has_run":true,"strings_per_page":10,"icl_st_auto_reg":"disable","strings_language":"en","translated-users":[],"sw":[],"plugin_localization_domains":{"wpml-media-translation\/plugin.php":{"wpml-media":124},"wpml-translation-management\/plugin.php":{"wpml-translation-management":950},"wpml-string-translation\/plugin.php":{"wpml-string-translation":270},"formidable-pro\/formidable-pro.php":{"formidable-pro":681},"sitepress-multilingual-cms\/sitepress.php":{"installer":1182},"formidable\/formidable.php":{"formidable":1105},"worker\/init.php":{"worker":33},"post-duplicator\/m4c-postduplicator.php":{"post-duplicator":0}},"WPML_ST_Upgrade_Db_Cache_Command_2.4.2_2_has_run":true,"theme_localization_domains":{"twentynineteen":{"twentynineteen":88}}},"default_categories":{"en":"1","fr":7},"default_language":"en","setup_wizard_step":5,"admin_text_3_2_migration_complete_62fb4ee5bc18057ed2aca9102dca937b":true,"admin_text_3_2_migration_complete_5e26456efe7d67ea8ac90eb7c74cf149":true,"translation-management":{"custom_fields_translation":{"title":2,"description":2,"keywords":2,"_edit_last":0,"_edit_lock":0,"_wp_page_template":0,"_wp_attachment_metadata":0,"original_post_id":0,"_wpml_original_post_id":0,"_wp_old_slug":0,"_icl_translator_note":0,"_alp_processed":0,"_pingme":0,"_encloseme":0,"_icl_lang_duplicate_of":0,"_thumbnail_id":0,"_wp_attached_file":0,"_wp_attachment_image_alt":2,"_x_video_aspect_ratio":1,"_x_video_m4v":1,"_x_quote_quote":2,"_x_quote_cite":1,"_x_video_embed":1,"_x_audio_mp3":1,"_x_link_url":1,"_x_portfolio_media":1,"_x_portfolio_index_media":1,"_x_portfolio_project_link":1,"_x_portfolio_embed":1,"_wpml_media_duplicate":1,"_wpml_media_featured":1,"_wpml_word_count":0,"_x_entry_body_css_class":1,"_x_entry_alternate_index_title":2,"_x_entry_disable_page_title":1,"_x_page_one_page_navigation":1,"_x_entry_bg_image_full":1,"_x_entry_bg_image_full_fade":1,"_x_entry_bg_image_full_duration":1,"_x_portfolio_category_filters":1,"_x_portfolio_columns":2,"_x_portfolio_layout":1,"_x_portfolio_posts_per_page":1,"_x_portfolio_disable_filtering":1,"_wpml_location_migration_done":0,"_cornerstone_settings":1,"_cornerstone_version":1,"_cs_generated_styles":1,"_cornerstone_data":1},"custom_fields_readonly_config":["title","description","keywords","_edit_last","_edit_lock","_wp_page_template","_wp_attachment_metadata","original_post_id","_wpml_original_post_id","_wp_old_slug","_icl_translator_note","_alp_processed","_pingme","_encloseme","_icl_lang_duplicate_of","_thumbnail_id","_wp_attached_file","_wp_attachment_image_alt","_x_video_aspect_ratio","_x_video_m4v","_x_quote_quote","_x_quote_cite","_x_video_embed","_x_audio_mp3","_x_link_url","_x_portfolio_media","_x_portfolio_index_media","_x_portfolio_project_link","_x_portfolio_embed","_cornerstone_data"],"custom_fields_translation_custom":[],"custom_fields_translation_custom_readonly":[],"doc_translation_method":"1","__custom_types_readonly_config_prev":[],"custom_types_readonly_config":[],"__custom_fields_readonly_config_prev":["title","description","keywords","_edit_last","_edit_lock","_wp_page_template","_wp_attachment_metadata","original_post_id","_wpml_original_post_id","_wp_old_slug","_icl_translator_note","_alp_processed","_pingme","_encloseme","_icl_lang_duplicate_of","_thumbnail_id","_wp_attached_file","_wp_attachment_image_alt","_x_video_aspect_ratio","_x_video_m4v","_x_quote_quote","_x_quote_cite","_x_video_embed","_x_audio_mp3","_x_link_url","_x_portfolio_media","_x_portfolio_index_media","_x_portfolio_project_link","_x_portfolio_embed","_cornerstone_data"],"__custom_term_fields_readonly_config_prev":[],"custom_term_fields_readonly_config":[],"taxonomies_readonly_config":{"translation_priority":1,"portfolio-tag":1,"portfolio-category":1},"custom-types_readonly_config":{"attachment":1,"x-portfolio":1,"wp_block":1},"post_translation_editor_native":false,"post_translation_editor_native_for_post_type":[],"notification":{"new-job":1,"include_xliff":0,"completed_frequency":3,"completed":1,"resigned":1,"overdue":2,"overdue_offset":7,"dashboard":true,"purge-old":7}},"custom-types_sync_option":{"attachment":1,"x-portfolio":1,"wp_block":1},"language_selector_initialized":1,"languages_order":["en","fr"],"dont_show_help_admin_notice":true,"setup_complete":1,"xliff_newlines":2,"tm_xliff_version":"12","site_does_not_use_icl":true,"hidden_languages":[],"translation_service":false,"WPML_Translate_Link_Target_Global_State":true,"doc_translation_method":"1","hide_how_to_translate":false,"translation_memory":"1","language_per_domain_sso_enabled":false,"show_translations_flag":1,"taxonomies_unlocked_option":{"category":"0","post_tag":"0","frm_tag":"0","translation_priority":"0","portfolio-tag":"0","portfolio-category":"0"},"custom_posts_unlocked_option":{"post":"0","page":"0","attachment":"0","custom_css":"0","customize_changeset":"0","oembed_cache":"0","user_request":"0","wp_block":"0","cs_template":"0","cs_global_block":"0","cs_user_templates":"0","frm_styles":"0","frm_display":"0","frm_form_actions":"0","x-portfolio":"0"},"just_reactivated":0,"sync_comments_on_duplicates":0,"theme_language_folders":null,"theme_localization_type_previous":3},"installer":{"version":"2.2.0","repositories":{"wpml":{"api-url":"https:\/\/api.wpml.org\/","subscription":{"key":"tYYFpjIZSx","data":{"subscription_type":6721,"expires":null,"status":"4"},"registered_by":1,"site_url":"http:\/\/108.163.189.162\/~fertility"}},"toolset":{"api-url":"https:\/\/api.toolset.com\/","subscription":""}},"instances":{"\/home\/fertility\/public_html\/wp-content\/plugins\/sitepress-multilingual-cms\/vendor\/otgs\/installer\/installer.php":{"bootfile":"\/home\/fertility\/public_html\/wp-content\/plugins\/sitepress-multilingual-cms\/vendor\/otgs\/installer\/installer.php","version":"2.2.0","args":{"plugins_install_tab":1,"site_key_nags":[{"repository_id":"wpml","product_name":"WPML","condition_cb":[{"locale_utils":{},"footer_preview":false,"icl_translations_cache":null,"icl_language_name_cache":{"name":"language_name","cache_to_option":true,"cache_needs_saving":false},"icl_term_taxonomy_cache":null,"wpdb":{"show_errors":false,"suppress_errors":false,"last_error":"","num_queries":48,"num_rows":0,"rows_affected":0,"insert_id":0,"last_query":"SELECT option_value FROM stigan_wpoptions WHERE option_name = \u0027cornerstone_dismiss_validation_notice\u0027 LIMIT 1","last_result":[],"queries":null,"prefix":"stigan_wp","base_prefix":"stigan_wp","ready":true,"blogid":0,"siteid":0,"tables":["posts","comments","links","options","postmeta","terms","term_taxonomy","term_relationships","termmeta","commentmeta"],"old_tables":["categories","post2cat","link2cat"],"global_tables":["users","usermeta"],"ms_global_tables":["blogs","blogmeta","signups","site","sitemeta","sitecategories","registration_log","blog_versions"],"comments":"stigan_wpcomments","commentmeta":"stigan_wpcommentmeta","links":"stigan_wplinks","options":"stigan_wpoptions","postmeta":"stigan_wppostmeta","posts":"stigan_wpposts","terms":"stigan_wpterms","term_relationships":"stigan_wpterm_relationships","term_taxonomy":"stigan_wpterm_taxonomy","termmeta":"stigan_wptermmeta","usermeta":"stigan_wpusermeta","users":"stigan_wpusers","blogs":null,"blogmeta":null,"blog_versions":null,"registration_log":null,"signups":null,"site":null,"sitecategories":null,"sitemeta":null,"field_types":{"post_author":"%d","post_parent":"%d","menu_order":"%d","term_id":"%d","term_group":"%d","term_taxonomy_id":"%d","parent":"%d","count":"%d","object_id":"%d","term_order":"%d","ID":"%d","comment_ID":"%d","comment_post_ID":"%d","comment_parent":"%d","user_id":"%d","link_id":"%d","link_owner":"%d","link_rating":"%d","option_id":"%d","blog_id":"%d","meta_id":"%d","post_id":"%d","user_status":"%d","umeta_id":"%d","comment_karma":"%d","comment_count":"%d","active":"%d","cat_id":"%d","deleted":"%d","lang_id":"%d","mature":"%d","public":"%d","site_id":"%d","spam":"%d"},"charset":"utf8mb4","collate":"utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci","func_call":"$db-\u003Equery(\u0022SELECT option_value FROM stigan_wpoptions WHERE option_name = \u0027cornerstone_dismiss_validation_notice\u0027 LIMIT 1\u0022)","is_mysql":true,"categories":"stigan_wpcategories","post2cat":"stigan_wppost2cat","link2cat":"stigan_wplink2cat"}},"setup"]}]},"delegated":true}}}}}

September 23, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4625757

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have been able to translate the Word-Press Main-Sidebar on our test site after applying a custom XML configuration which I now also added to your site. Afterwards, the sidebar elements have been translated with String Translation, as the default sidebar is based on WordPress Widgets.

I see that the Main-Sidebar element "Services" is based on a menu which is not translated yet. Please go to Appearance -> Menu, select the "Service" menu and then click the "+" on the right side in order to translate to French. Here you will need to create the French Menus which will represent the French sidebar.

The issue I see her eis that it seems that the layout is not translated correct.

Please connect to the earlier test site. Recreate the sitebar the same way you did on your site.
1) Create a Menu
2) Assign it to the Widget

The translation was working on my test site using the same plugins. the only difference I can see is the PHP version. I would here advise you to update to PHP 7.3 or higher.

Further, the debug.log only shows one error so far:

PHP Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/fertility/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4339

The error is related to WordPress Core. I found the following thread which provides a possible solution by editing the php.ini file:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-problem-and-ob_end_flush-error/

Could you please try if editing the mentioned PHP option solves the issue?

Kind regards
Andreas

September 25, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4641781

adwin

Sidebar on test site it set up the same. I added it on page here: hidden link

On test site: when I click on the german flag in the bottom right corner of cornerstone to add the translation, I get an error message and it doesnt let me go any further.

For the php and debug issues, I've updated and we are now on PHP 7.3
I've disabled zlib compression on the server (at about 16:55 EST)
Here's Debug log, no errors since
hidden link

On our live site: I updated the service menus for english and the french version. Then I deleted the page we are working on and started from scratch. It seems to have worked 🙂 Could you please check on your end to see if theres something I'm missing:

hidden link
hidden link

September 25, 2019 at 8:15 pm #4642007

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Those are great news. It is looking good so far.

Do I understand right, that you been able to recreate and translate the pages using the Cornerstone Front-End Editor?

Could you please provide detailed steps about how you achieved to translate the layout and style?

Kind regards
Andreas