This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 4:42 pm

adwin

I am trying to: Add new pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: French content and a working sidebar

Instead, I got: English content displaying (even though I properly created a french variation) and a sidebar that appears as broken code

July 15, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4214107

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support.

I have set the corresponding post types for the Cornerstone page builder to "Translatable" at WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation.

Afterwards, I updated the page "Pre-implantation Genetic Screening" which is necessary for WPML to recognize the changes inside of the translation options.

Now, please translate the page again and let me know if it solved the issue.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

Kind regards
Andreas

July 15, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4214421

adwin

Hi there,

I tried deleting the page and starting from scratch and it's still the same issue. I created english first and then added french translation.

hidden link

July 15, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4214607

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have tested the translation on your site and it is indeed not working.

Did you already try if it works if you switch to the default X Theme?

There is one thing that makes me wonder. Why do you have two instances of the Cornerstone plugin installed? Have there been problem with the plugin? Are you eventually using a customized version?

Could you please install the lates version of the X theme together with Cornerstone on the following test site in order to investigate the issue further?

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the theme and plugin are installed in order for me to test the plugin for compatiblity.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 15, 2019 at 9:23 pm #4214635

adwin

Okay, I've downloaded X theme and cornerstone on the site like you asked.

Also, I deleted the extra cornerstone on my site - I'm not sure how or why it was there. Doesn't seem to have fixed the issue either though

July 16, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4222407

adwin

Hello we have spoken to X Theme and they said:

"That is strange. My colleague added another simple page, and it shows that usage of the Classic elements is the issue. The Text element works correctly, but the Classic text element does not.

I checked my installation, and that is not the case, but my installation uses an older version of the WPML plugin. So, as you did all the tests and we did what we could for debugging the conclusion is that the version of WPML you use is not compatible with the theme.

We will double check the case with our development team, but at the moment, the official supported version is mentioned here1. I do not have any means to know if that is the case as I do not have access to the latest version of the plugin to check.

If you can be kind and upload the latest version file somewhere and link it in a secure note we will double check the case with the new version and our installation to see if this is a version compatibility case or not.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

Is it possible to get Version 4.2.5?

July 16, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4222811

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to recreate the problem about the Classic HEading and the Classic Text on the test site and escalated the issue to our compatiblity team for further investigation.

Did you expereince any further issues in regards to Cornerstone and WPML?

As soon I received feedback I will contact you on this ticket.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 16, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4223221

adwin

Yes, just the sidebar being broken and the french displaying as english are the issues we have found so far

July 17, 2019 at 12:02 am #4224509

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please help me with detailed steps in order to place the Formidable Form inside of the Cornerstone Main Sidebar template for using it inside of the Classic Widget Element?

It seems the issue here is that the Classic Widget Element on the French site is empty and you will need to add the translated template or paste the forms shortcode ID.

Here the link for the test site:
One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me short notification once the form is set up and also leave detailed steps to recreate the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 17, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4232291

adwin

1. wp admin > appearance > sidebars: create one called 'english', one called 'french'
2. wp admin > appearance > widgets: drag 'formidable form' to both new sidebars.
3. Select either the 'english form' or 'french form' in the 'formidable form' widgets. save

Please note, when the sidebar initially started breaking the forms were properly set up in the widgets. They seem to have been deleted since, but I've re added them

July 17, 2019 at 6:57 pm #4233037

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided information.

I have forwarded another message to our compatiblity team. I will be in contact as soon I received feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 18, 2019 at 10:16 pm #4242489

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Our compatiblity team informed that when using the Cornerstone Page Builder please try to use only Classic Elements or V2 Elements. Mixing both is currently sadly causing issue.

Can you confirm the the translation works if you use Classic Elements only?

Kind regards
Andreas

July 19, 2019 at 4:57 pm #4247575

adwin

All elements on both french and english version of the cornerstone page are classic elements.

The french page is still displaying english text but the sidebar is working now

July 19, 2019 at 4:58 pm #4247577

adwin

how can we fix this display issue?

July 19, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4247713

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your mesage and our appologies for the confusion.

I create a new test page on our sandbox using only Classic Elements. Indeed, the translation worked in firs tinstance but after updating the page the translation did not show up anymore.

Our compatibility team is informed.

Please take note that I will be out of office the next two weeks. I will try to follow up upon this issue but in case you do not receive any response do not hesitate to open a new ticket and link back to this thread.

Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Sidebars broken, French displaying wrong content’ is closed to new replies.