This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have the Simple Job Board plugin and I want to have the fields name in the original language (French) but I cannot find any option to translate them. Solution: You can just edit any job and click on the field name. This way, you'll be able to change it and add the French translation.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sabrenaS 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 1:00 pm

sabrenaS

I am trying to: Translate a plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Translated fields like the rest of the text.

Instead, I got: Everything but the fields is translated.

April 18, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3640047

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sabrena,

As I can see, the language of this job board is French: hidden link. In this case, you should change all the text (Complete Name, Email Address, and all the other ones) in French. Once you did this, just simply save the changes and create the English translation by pressing that gear icon from the right sidebar (under the Language section). Can you do this and tell me how it works, please?

Thanks,
Radu

April 18, 2019 at 3:45 pm #3640481

sabrenaS

The text is auto-generated from the plugin, how am I supposed to change the text? I cannot edit those fields through WordPress.

April 19, 2019 at 4:29 am #3643627

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sabrena,

I checked this out before suggesting the option to change the name of the field. It seems that you can do that by simply pressing the field name. I made a small video to show you what I did: hidden link. Once you changed the fields name, just simply press the Update button and see how things look.

Thanks,
Radu

April 20, 2019 at 8:47 pm #3650753

sabrenaS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!