This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by phamH 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
February 15, 2020 at 7:22 am #5498541

phamH

I am trying to: reinstall WPML plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: quanpham.vn (primary lang)- quanpham.vn/en (second Lang)

I expected to see: products in Product Categories (deactive WPML is working fine)

Instead, I got: 404

February 17, 2020 at 1:59 pm #5508061

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to check this directly on your site.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Best Regards
Marcel

February 19, 2020 at 2:47 pm #5525017

Marcel
Supporter

Thank you!

I can confirm that the categories are configured correctly. May you have a staging environment where we can deactivate plugins and debug this? If no, please let me know and I can provide you with installation on our Cloudways server.

Please let me know.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 20, 2020 at 1:48 am #5528423

phamH

I give you all information you need in private messege. You can do whatever you want

February 21, 2020 at 3:13 am #5537311

phamH

Can you support me faster?

February 21, 2020 at 11:34 am #5539969

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for your patience. I had some issue doing my tests on your server environment. I checked your site and it seems something is causing a conflict. The issue is if I deactivate WPML your Frontend is not loading anymore. I tried to migrate your site for further testing, but the migration is not working on your server environment.

I activated the debug.log over SSH and see only a Fatal Error calling get_current_langauge() which is related to switching Theme for testing purposes.

I tested this now further and found that the issue persists even with a default Theme without WPML & WooCommerce multilingual, so WPML is not causing the 404.

Best Regards
Marcel

February 22, 2020 at 1:33 am #5544493

phamH

It's permalinks not working.
In permalinks: English is main langue translate to Vietnamese langue, Product Catergory base: Product-category/ (translate to Vietnamese: danh-muc-san-pham) not working, when you disable WPML, website dont know where product category base danh-muc-san-pham/.
Test it by you chose homepage >> Click anything category you see >> website working fine.
URL Product Category base in your picture: danh-muc-san-pham/
In my picture: product-category/
Do you understand what I want show you know ?
Sorry my bad English.

February 24, 2020 at 8:28 am #5552077

phamH

My problem has been solved but I am really disappointed with your help.

February 24, 2020 at 8:30 am #5552157

phamH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!