This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm #292569

OlivierL

Hi there
I am using WPML with Alterna template and Vidual Composer drag and drop plugin to create pages.
One of my clients few days ago trying to create new page in dutch noticed that when she was trying to insert a new image by click on the media library, the current images contained in the media library were not displaying but in the english pages (original language) they were.

I updated the WPML media plugin and run an update allowing to duplicate the pictures per language and it seemed to solve the issues but now I have 8000 pictures in my media library and it takes forever to upload it when I'm trying to insert new photos.

How can I solve this issue very quickly?

I don't need a copy of all 1134 photos for each language. How can I quickly remove them directly at the server level (I'm not a web designer, just the marketing consultant so quite newbbie in this specific topic on how to remove content quickly)

Thanks by advance for your help

November 14, 2013 at 3:19 pm #292574

OlivierL

PS - this website is hidden link

November 14, 2013 at 4:42 pm #292633

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Eric,

When the images are translated, they are not duplicated. What is duplicated is the record from the database, so it is possible to translate the images.

Please could you check if the disable WPML Media speed is normal?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Since update of WPML media, media library very slow to upload’ is closed to new replies.