This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 2:56 am #4304581

wandeeS

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:Since 2 days I have a big problem. My site was almost finished and I made a few settings of telephone and tablet layout. First, the dashboards appeared once in Russian once in Chinese and I could not work anymore. Word press tried to help me but did not succeed. Finally last night all the home pages were found in French (original language of the site) I can not find the French language in the settings. I hope that someone will take the hand on the site to fix this problem. On the other hand I bought 20000 words that correspond to your estimate to 90 pages, I have only 40 pages and more than 18,000 words used. Is there a problem here too? Thank you for your help. Word press explained to me that to give you access to my site administrator I needed only an email address and you will immediately have a message with a password

July 30, 2019 at 6:10 am #4304945

wandeeS

Depuis 2 jours, j'ai un gros problème. Mon site était presque terminé et j’ai fait quelques réglages de disposition du téléphone et de la tablette. Premièrement, les tableaux de bord sont apparus une fois en russe une fois en chinois et je ne pouvais plus travailler. Word Press a essayé de m'aider mais n'a pas réussi. Enfin, hier soir, toutes les pages d'accueil ont été trouvées en français (langue d'origine du site). Je ne trouve pas la langue française dans les paramètres. J'espère que quelqu'un prendra la main sur le site pour résoudre ce problème. D'autre part, j'ai acheté 20000 mots qui correspondent à votre estimation à 90 pages, je n'ai que 40 pages et plus de 18 000 mots utilisés. Y at-il un problème ici aussi? merci de votre aide

July 30, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4307957

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you.

It sounds like some of your strings are set to have the wrong origin language flag. I will need to take a look to be sure.
Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

July 31, 2019 at 2:24 am #4311159

wandeeS

Bonjour Yvette et merci de votre aide. J'ai demande a WordPress et la seule solution pour vous connecter a mon site est de me donner une adresse mail. J'ajouterai cette adresse dans la liste des personnes autorisees et ainsi vous pourrez avoir un acces complet en tant qu'administrateur. Des que j'aurai inscrit votre mail wordpress vous enverra un mot de passe.

July 31, 2019 at 2:48 am #4311333

wandeeS

Hello Yvette, thank you for your help.
I asked WORDPRESS how to make WPLM connect to my site,
They told me that they could not give the FTP informations.
The only solution is that you give me an email address,
I will write this address in the list of people autotisees, you will immediately receive an email from WORDPRESS with a password that will allow you to have access ADMIN at my site. (see image below)
If you wish to save time we can communicate by email,
My address: info@thai-travelservice.com.
Looking forward to reading you

July 31, 2019 at 10:46 am #4313743

wandeeS

Ok Yvette, i add you already normally you received a password in your mailbox. You can take hand on my site

July 31, 2019 at 11:14 am #4313851

Yvette
Supporter

This is not working for me....can you please try sending another link again?

Each time I generate a password and then attempt to login, it circles back to jetpack/sso that wants me to use yvetteo2014 instead of "WPML" as the identifiant.

When I enter the generated password from the email, it just circles back to the jetpack/sso again.

July 31, 2019 at 11:23 am #4313869

wandeeS

ok you cn try again now

July 31, 2019 at 1:49 pm #4314901

Yvette
Supporter

THanks for that.

I connected to your site and the dashboard, for me, is in FR (as expected).

1. Dashboard languages
The dashboard language can be changed by users directly in their profile. So if the dashboard is appearing in a language other than your site default language, please check your profile setting

2. Acceuil page
The translation editor was out of synch with the content needing to be changed. I completed the existing translation jobs, then created a new one and then made a small change (to trigger the Translation Editor to reread the origninal post). Now you should have all the related content available for translation.

Please do NOT change between CTE and ATE editors - the translated content is not visible from one to the other environments.

July 31, 2019 at 2:23 pm #4315247

wandeeS

Hi Yvette, thanks for your help.
I just watched the site. The homepage has been translated into English but not into other languages. Why?
I am a beginner and I spent many hours trying to understand but I do not know how to do it anymore
When I work on the site in a language other than French (original language) The dashboard is in the language requested.
Can you change this setting so that the dashboard stays in French. I searched but I did not find how to do this setting.
One more thing that I noticed, in the menus I have 5 menus in Chinese whereas there are only 3 in the other languages. Why? Watch the screen shoot

August 1, 2019 at 2:51 am #4318361

wandeeS

Hello Yvette, I hope you are well.
I worked on the translations and now everything is perfect so we do not touch anything.

The only problem where you can help me is that dashboards always stay in French.
I still look but I can not find the setting. Yet before that it worked very well.
hidden link

And then these 5 menus in Chinese, I do not understand and I'm afraid to make mistakes.

I'm attaching some screenshots that may help you.

Finally. but it is more a personal service, I understand that you are Spanish, a country I know well (I am French) but I do not speak the language.
Would you be kind enough to tell me if the translations are correct?

Thank you 1000 times for everything.

Looking forward to reading you

August 1, 2019 at 4:05 am #4318617

wandeeS

There are really things I do not understand.
What I did:
  I settled on the page PHOTOS spacing text "Hello my name is ANN welcome in Thailand" only in tablet mode because the text was too high.
The result: In all languages the text has been translated into French.
I do not dare to touch anything anymore

August 1, 2019 at 9:45 am #4320257

Yvette
Supporter

1. Admin/Dashboard languages
If you want to have the dashboard languages change to the active language from the switcher, you should set the option in your user profile (see image) : "Définir la langue d'administration comme langue d'édition"

This is set for each user (not system level).

2. Menus
I´m sorry, but I don´t understand what you need here. Please review this documentation carefully and then write back with clarifications:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

3. PHOTOS
I triggered the Translation Editor to reread the content of the original post by adding a blank to the end of the content and "saving". This then set the target languages to a state of "update required).

When I openend the translatin editor for each language, I could see that the translations were already there and I just had to select the green check to "complete" them.

Now the page shows the translated texts.

August 1, 2019 at 10:17 am #4320405

wandeeS

Hello Yvette and thank you again for your help.
For point N 3 it's good and thank you.
For number 2 I will look later.
For the point N1 I changed but it's always the same.
Do you still have access to my site? You will be able to check.
Still sorry to bother you

August 1, 2019 at 10:39 am #4320641

wandeeS

Please watch this screen shoot, do not you think there is a problem?

The topic ‘[Closed] Site become unstable’ is closed to new replies.