This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 8, 2019 at 5:44 pm #3981165

dennisD-22

¡Hello, and good day!

I followed your instructions on installing WPML, but I get an error when I try to ACTIVATE the WPML String Translation plugin (see attached image). Once activated the website stops working, and I have to manually disable the plugin. Can you help fix this issue?

Please, let me know. Thanks!

—D.G. Ducós

June 9, 2019 at 4:45 am #3982341

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Your WP Memory is 40 Mb and the MaxInputVars is 1000 hidden link which are not enough to run the WPML.
Your hosting package allows you to use memory limit upto 256Mb

Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Also, ask our hosting support to increase the MaxInputVars to 10000.

After making these changes try to activate it and see.

If that does not help:

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Site breaks when activating the WPML String Translation plugin’ is closed to new replies.