Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
February 8, 2017 at 7:34 pm #1203417

Julien

Hello,

When i am translating my post from french to english, the "copy content from french" dont work and nothing is copied. I think it is because i haven't done the last update (i have the version 3.6.2). After updating WPML Multilingual CMS to 3.6.3 my site crashed; i get an ERROR 500 so i restore my site to my yesterday checkpoint. I've also try to do it by ftp: same result.
Please, how should i do to update my version to 3.6.3 properly and make sure that the translation of my posts working well.

Thanks

February 9, 2017 at 9:00 am #1203720

Joanna

Hello Julien,

The 500 error is (most of the time) caused by the out of memory error. This may also be the reason why copying posts doesn't work on your website.

Please enable error logging. You can find more info on how to do it and example code for debugging at https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging
In brief:
1. Log into your FTP.
2. Edit the wp-config.php file.
3. Add the following code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

4. Save the file.
5. Try to copy the post. Then, try to update the plugin.
6. Go back to your FTP.
7. In the wp-content folder, you should find the debug.log file where all errors are added.

Also, check if there are any JavaScript errors on the translation page in edit mode
https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

Please paste the contents of the debug.log file if there are any errors listed. Let me also know if there are any JavaScript errors.

If in the debug.log you can spot the "out of memory" error, please do the following:
1. Log into your FTP.
2. Edit the wp-config.php file.
3. Add the following code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

4. Save the file.

Does it change anything?

Could you also share the debug information? You will find the required information in WPML->Support->Debug Information. Please copy the info from the 'debug info' box and paste it in your next reply (it will be private).

February 9, 2017 at 2:45 pm #1204226

Julien

Hello,
the debug informations i get is:

[09-Feb-2017 14:21:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPML_Notice_Action::can_dismiss_different_text() in /nas/content/live/eqlib/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/commons/src/notices/class-wpml-notice.php on line 48

how can i fix it?
Thanks

February 9, 2017 at 4:34 pm #1204385

Joanna

Hello Julien,

Thank you. It seems that it's a bug on our side. It will be fixed in the next release.

For now, please do the following:
1. Log into your FTP.
2. Go to the wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/wpml/commons/src/notices/ folder.
3. Edit the class-wpml-notice.php file (double check if you're editing the correct file).
4. Around line 48, you should have the following line:

if ( ! $action->can_dismiss_different_text() ) {

5. Change it to:

if ( method_exists( $action, 'can_dismiss_different_text' ) && ! $action->can_dismiss_different_text() ) {

Please let me know if that helped.

February 9, 2017 at 6:53 pm #1204515

Julien

Hello,

Yes it's working now, i've updated my version to 3.6.3.
Now am translating posts, when i use the button "copy content from", i get the pure content but not the featured image from the original language. Can you help me with it?

Thanks

February 10, 2017 at 4:22 pm #1205366

Joanna

Hello Julien,

You need to have WPML Media installed and active to be able to have medias in all languages. After you activate the plugin, please go to WPML->Media translation and duplicate your medias.

If that doesn't help, may I ask you to open a new ticket for your new question, as the original issue has been resolved? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.