This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.98 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 19, 2019 at 9:12 pm #3648225

kirillF

My page has been acting very slow and weird past days even though I haven't made any significant changes. I've been troubleshooting all day and now I've narrowed down the issue to WPML. Turning off all the other languages besides the original language makes the page work as supposed to. I've deleted and reinstalled all the WPML modules and activated everything, but when I turn the translations back on and open the original Arksie.com page everything seems to open fine. Then if I choose other language from the menu, the page dies completely, nothing happens and I can't access the page anymore. I've been running my page with WPML for two years now and haven't had any issues.

April 20, 2019 at 7:18 pm #3650727

kirillF

Hi, the issues have continued since disabling languages, so I've done some further research. Whenever I go to products page in WooCommerce, the WordPress admin freezes, I can't do nothing and the actual webpage shows error 503. Then after about 5 mins, everything return back to normal. I did some testing with plugins and disabling WooCommerce multilingual seems to fix the issue, so it feels that that's where the issue is. I've had issues with payments done by customers don't seem to route back from the payment provider after successful payment resulting in time-out on my server, but these seem to be fine now after disabling WooCommerce multilingual.

April 21, 2019 at 11:01 am #3652167

kirillF

My issues seems similar to this thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/secondary-language-product-categories-stop-responding-with-wc-3-6-1-wcml-4-6-0/

April 21, 2019 at 4:55 pm #3652799

kirillF

Hi, any news on this, its been two days already and I'm currently running my web store in downgraded mode because of this issue.

April 22, 2019 at 4:14 am #3653885

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

503 error
The 503 service unavailable error occurs when your Web server is unable to get an appropriate response from a PHP script. This PHP script could be a badly used WordPress plugin, theme or code snippet. If the error is caused by heavy use, a server error, or a DDoS attack, it can disappear automatically in minutes.

Console Errors
In your chrome browser Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac) before you go to this step.
Check if you see any red errors here : hidden link and let me know.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 22, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3655671

kirillF

Hi Riffaz, As you response took so long, I've been trying to solve the issue by myself. There are multiple threads found around this issue and it seems that there is an huge issue with Woocommerce Multilingual version 4.6.0. I deleted that plugin and downloaded the version 4.4.2.1 and everything works normally now. The issue was repeated also in the version 4.5. This is not a PHP error, this error is related to the Woocommerce Multilingual 4.6.0 and as I've linked in this thread also, there are others with the same issue. Please add this to a known issue list and solve this asap as I now can't update to the newest version on Woocommerce Multilingual.

April 22, 2019 at 2:18 pm #3656285

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Glad you found the solution and thank you for posting the solution here.
This will help others and to us.

We are looking into this.

Thank you!

April 22, 2019 at 5:38 pm #3657521

kirillF

Do you actually know the issue and do you have a solution? Because now I'm running an old version of Woocommerce Multilingual and would like to update asap.

April 23, 2019 at 6:03 am #3659715

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

There was some issue with WooCommerce 3.6 which caused the issue with WCML 4.6
Anyhow, this was fixed already in WC 3.6.1
So WCML 4.6 and WC 3.6.1 show work fine together.

If not, this should be something else.
That's why I asked you to check debug.log

And, our team also is checking this.

Regards,

April 23, 2019 at 7:33 am #3660129

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Our 2nd tier found something regarding this.
They need to double check it.

Please:
1. go to hidden link
2. set the WooCommerce as you have it on your site.
3. recreate the issue
4. let us know how to check the issue and how to recreate this.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Site crashes with translations active’ is closed to new replies.