This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 23, 2018 at 9:14 am

julianZ-4

REALLY WPML WTF???

I tried to change the flags in the control panel. Instead of new flags, the whole site is down and not loading (it's blank), just the first few lines of the html code are being loaded. When I want to change the flags back to original, I can not do it in the control panel - there, too, only the beginning is loading and the rest not. Here screenshot: hidden link

This is already the second time white screen I have with your plugin. Last time it was a simple update of the plugin, this time a change of flags???? I paid good money for the plugin. What can I do to fix this asap?

I am trying to: Switch the flags to a new picture with same file-size and

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: all sites

I expected to see: new flags

Instead, I got: blank page, nearly blank plugin options

September 23, 2018 at 9:17 am #2758418

julianZ-4

Oh and yeah, I deactivated all other plugins. Still the same error.

September 25, 2018 at 2:29 am #2762225

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if possible please provide me with the desired flags as i would like to try and replicate the issue.

you can provide the flags with either dropbox or google drive or any other service you prefer

September 25, 2018 at 7:08 am #2762708

julianZ-4

Hi Bobby

Please find them attached.

September 25, 2018 at 6:00 pm #2764961

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

i believe this might be related to your cache

if possible please clear and deactivate any cache on the server/site especially any drop in cache.

i uploaded the swiss flag and the issue was replicated but then i repopulated the languages and even checked the database.

the swiss.png flag is not listed in the database but still showing in the backend which makes me believe that there is an issue caused by your caching.

let me know your results

additionally please go to Duplicator and make sure that its meeting the requirements to create a duplicator package so i can test this locally.

September 25, 2018 at 6:20 pm #2764995

julianZ-4

Did you really just break my live site withouth even telling me?? are you serious???

please please please do not log in to my site again

September 25, 2018 at 6:58 pm #2765050

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

you have provided your site and flags for me to test uploading the flag within your
WPML->languages , i have specifically request a duplicator package to test this locally.

uploading a flag to your site causes an error 500, in the front end and the issue you have mentioned within the WPML->languages page.

to continue debugging of this issue please test without the drop-in caching and also provide me with a duplicator package rather than the live site to test locally.

September 26, 2018 at 5:56 am #2765979

julianZ-4

You did ask for a Duplicator Package AFTER you've broken my live site. You wrote:

if possible please provide me with the desired flags as i would like to try and replicate the issue.

you can provide the flags with either dropbox or google drive or any other service you prefer

Which I was interpreting that you will try on your local copy or whatever, but not on my live site. It makes absolutely no sense to just replicate an error on a live site and not being able to fix it afterwards.

After you broke my live site you did not even tell me the fact that you broke the site. I had to revert to a backup version in the night and lost a days work. Thanks to you.

Please assign this problem to a supporter who knows what he's doing. And who will test on a local copy or whatever but not on a live site.

September 26, 2018 at 4:49 pm #2768205

Bobby
Supporter

My apologies for the confusion Julian , i was under the false assumption that you had provided us with a test server.

The ticket has been assigned over to Lauren who will be able to continue with support in order to resolve this ticket.

Kind Regards,
Bobby

September 26, 2018 at 6:31 pm #2768415

Lauren
Supporter

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi Julian, I'll be taking over this support ticket. I downloaded one of the flag you sent and was able to upload it to a test site without any issue. After you attempt to upload the flag, are you seeing any errors in your debug log? If you do not have debug enabled, please enable it and then try to upload a flag so that we can see if an error can give us more insight as to what is happening specifically on your site.

In addition, I'd like to test this on a local copy of your site. Please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

The topic ‘[Closed] !! Site down after changing flag-pictures !!’ is closed to new replies.