This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 120 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 30, 2017 at 3:54 pm #1415917

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

I mentioned checksum and this is a method that is used in our code to match original and translated content. Sorry for me getting more technical with you-you should not be concerned about this as this is part of the inner workings on WPML.

About your discovery - thank you for sharing that - I was under the impression that you want the customized message and not the default one. I will report your findings to our compatibility support experts.

October 30, 2017 at 3:57 pm #1415922

adriO

I'm always curious and willing to learn so don't hesitate to get a bit technical. Just be patient with me :-).

Of course I want to show a customized message, but for now can I live with the default one. Better teh default and properly translated then a customized not translated one.

November 9, 2017 at 6:04 am #1425443

adriO

Hi Goerge,
How are you? I hope you're fine.

Sorry to bother you here as I don't know of another way to contact WPM. Lastly I have several problems with you site. When I go to the English support page I don't see any tickets. Also the menu option "Your support threads" is not visible,.

When I try to open a new ticket (which I have to) I can select for which plugin it is but then.... nothing is coming up.
i can go to this thread because I bookmarked it.

Any idea?

November 9, 2017 at 7:28 am #1425469

George Botsev
Supporter

Dear Adri!
Thank you for reporting this to us.
I reproduced similar behavior and I have brought it to the attention of our forum supporters.
I will let you know once I have more information.

November 9, 2017 at 7:49 am #1425483

George Botsev
Supporter

The problem with creating new tickets should be resolved now.
I talked about the other missing menu elements that you reported - they were removed intentionally.
You can access your ticket by going to your profile.

November 9, 2017 at 10:26 am #1425671

adriO

Hi George,
Thank you for solving the Ticket creation issue. I managed to add a new ticket.
However I'm not able to access "my" tickets on my account page. I have to go (search) for one my tickets and only then I'm able to click on the link "your tickets".

Do I miss something?

Adri

November 9, 2017 at 10:30 am #1425677

George Botsev
Supporter

Sorry I am not very familiar with the forum. Could you provide me a screenshot of your view because it seems that it is different for me?
What happens if you visit your profile directly like: https://wpml.org/forums/users/adrio/ - you should be able to see your tickets perhaps that way?

November 9, 2017 at 10:39 am #1425690

adriO

When I click your link I see this (screenshot_6.png) that looks ok.
When I click My account I see this (screenshot_7.png)
Clicking "Support Forum" I see this (screenshot_8.png).

No link to my support threads (or any other what so ever).

November 9, 2017 at 11:08 am #1425726

George Botsev
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the screenshots. This is all expected behaviour now.
The section that led directly to your tickets was removed.
The page for the forum start page was redesigned for better usability and allowing new tickets to be created and solutions to be found.

November 9, 2017 at 1:24 pm #1426022

adriO

I'm only puzzled how I have to navigate to "my" support threads. When I can't navigate to them from my account page, how do I get over there then?

November 9, 2017 at 3:05 pm #1426155

George Botsev
Supporter

I have added these notes to the guys that support and develop our forum.
For now you can go to the English (or other language) support forum and use the link in the sidebar - to open all tickets, then visit any ticket and use the link from there to view your tickets.

November 10, 2017 at 6:45 am #1426672

adriO

Hi George,
I noticed some changes this morning. I Can work with it. Thank you for taking care.

It is ok with me when you remove the posts about the WPML site. Those have nothing to do with the case at hand.

BTW is there some progress at the moment? I'm curious....

Adri

November 10, 2017 at 8:19 am #1426722

George Botsev
Supporter

It is not a policy to remove posts from the forum. I agree they have nothing to do - but what is done is done.
About the compatibility issue - it is still being worked on by our compatibility team. As far as I know, they are waiting for the plugin author to respond to their queries now.

November 10, 2017 at 9:27 am #1426764

adriO

Ok, thanks for the update.

Have nice weekend.

November 22, 2017 at 3:44 am #1437687

adriO

Hi George,

This morning I noticed an update of the PDF Invoice plugin. I tested it and the label on the credit notes translates fine. On a total refund and on a partial refund as well.

Big thumbs up for you and your team for investigating and helping solve the issue. A big thanks to the plugin developer as well as he was willing to go the extra mile to make his plugin more and more compatible with WPML.

Best wishes,

Adri