This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Site Fails to Load Upon Updating WPML Multilingual CMS Plugin to Latest Version

Solution:Time outs were caused due to server configuration

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoL-47 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 12:13 am #3762787

marcoL-47

I am trying to: Update the Plugins in the WP Dashboard. When I started to update the plugin, I first got a 500 Error Page Failed to Load Message. Then, upon contacting tech support from Webhost, the page gave me the following error:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/42/42023742/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/42/42023742/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/autoload.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/42/42023742/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php' (include_path='.:/opt/remi/php71/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php71/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/42/42023742/html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/autoload.php on line 5

I had to login to SFTP and deactivate the plugins. The site no loads again but the translation feature isn't working. Something is occurring with the latest update that is causing the page to fail to load. Please help. We really need the translation of the site to function.

Website url: hidden link

May 8, 2019 at 1:52 am #3762857

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if possible please deactivate and remove your current copy of WPML and re install it with a fresh version downloaded from here

https://wpml.org/downloads/

let me know your results please

May 8, 2019 at 5:48 pm #3769617

marcoL-47

Hello, I am currently backing up all of my site. If I delete your plugin then reinstall, will I lose the translation files? Just want to make sure before I proceed.

May 8, 2019 at 6:22 pm #3770001

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

since the translations are saved within the database , simply deactivating and re installing wont cause any translations or settings to be lost unless you RESET WPML from within WPML->Support->Troubleshooting->RESET (this is the only way you would lose translations )

let me know your results please

May 9, 2019 at 5:35 pm #3778481

marcoL-47

My issue is resolved now. Thank you for your assistance. Our Webhost server times out when uploading new plugins. I think that's what is leading to the error.