Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ideaspace 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 9:58 pm #4514201

ideaspace

Our site hidden link goes down randomly. We have to replace the wp options table from the back up to get it up and running. In the dashboard, we see a warning from WPML stating something is wrong with the tables and WPML support knows how to fix it.

reaching out to you so you can help. I have attached the debug info.

September 5, 2019 at 5:35 am #4515503

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Could you share a few more details about the part when the website goes down randomly? Have you tried to reach out the hosting provider for a few more details? They should be able to tell you some more about the source of this issue.

Also, have you tried to install the latest version of the WPML plugins (I can see that the versions that you're using are outdated)?

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 10:19 am #4518355

ideaspace

Hello Radu,

Site is going down due to the options table. Also, we are getting an admin notice as attached with this reply. When we replace the options table with the old backup site comes back and also notice disappears.

As per your suggestion If we update all the wpml plugins do we face any difficulty with current data and options table issue will be resolved? because there might some DB structure changes and we don't want to loss translated data.

Also, what information WPML stores in options table which can be monitored?

Please let us know.

Thank you.

September 5, 2019 at 7:20 pm #4521841

ideaspace

Hi Radu,

We have upgraded the WPML to the latest version and we got the SQL error which is updating option. Please find the attached images. This is a very long value that might break the options table. Please share your thoughts.

September 8, 2019 at 10:01 pm #4532591

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

I tried to look for similar cases but I couldn't find anything related to this SQL error. As I can see from your screenshot that this is related to some zff_options which is not a part of our WPML plugin.

Can you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this and see if I can spot the issue in this case, please? I'll start by trying to make that notice go away and see if things are working better.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 20, 2019 at 10:27 am #4611449

ideaspace

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!