This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4640107

gaborJ-4

Dear WPML Team,

We had a ticket earlier (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/site-got-really-slow-after-installing-the-plugin/) - it is closed now, but the issue still persists.

We found, that if more domains are on the same online storage, the site gets really slow after installing WPML. On those sites, which domain does not share storage space with other domains, the site works fine with WPML.

Are you aware of this problem?

It is crucial for us because in the future we plan to have one large storage with multiple domains.

I look forward to your assistance.

Regards,
Gergely

September 26, 2019 at 3:28 am #4643237

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thanks for writing in! I’m happy to help out.

We are in process in releasing a new version of plugin which will have a better performance, You can know more about this here: https://wpml.org/2019/06/wpml-4-2-7-and-a-preview-for-next-major-updates/

In the meantime, we have released beta versions to this plugins so can you please try to test this beta version on a staging site and see if this helps?
https://wpml.org/2019/09/wpml-4-3-0-beta-with-faster-string-translation-and-multisite/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 27, 2019 at 7:36 am #4652045

gaborJ-4

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
We have already tested a new beta version of WPML that we received a few weeks ago but it did not solve the issue.

My question is, whether WPML is aware of the mentioned issue: We found, that if more domains are on the same online storage, the site gets really slow after installing WPML. On those sites, which domain does not share storage space with other domains, the site works fine with WPML.
So the new version will solve this, or will it solve other issues? It is important for us beause we will have multiple domains on one storage in the future.

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Gergely

September 27, 2019 at 8:41 am #4652379

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

We found, that if more domains are on the same online storage, the site gets really slow after installing WPML.

I hope you are taking about share hosting here, correct, if so yes, the update will help to improve performance, WPML string translation is taking a lot of resources in shared server for few clients and with this releases the performance will be improved.

We released a new beta with few updates so can you try it out once on staging sites?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

October 3, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4689221

gaborJ-4

Hello,

Adding another issue to this thread:

After creating a new page to be translated, the system puts it into the Translation basket - which is OK so far - but after clicking on it, the page stops working and the Translation Basket seems to be empty.

Do you have any suggestion how to overcome this issue?

Several months have passed since we have been trying to get WPML work correctly, however we get an issue all the time. Since summer, we have not managed to start any project because of these issues. We are thinking about switching to another plugin and would like to see the payment return options of WPML.

Regards,
Gergely

October 4, 2019 at 1:00 am #4691833

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hi there,

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question?

As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

Thanks