This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4145455

jocelyne-meeB

Hi. We have a live site in the public_html folder. We are developing the new site (using WPML) in the public_html/wp folder. When we are ready to go live, we will move the finalized site to public_html (to replace the existing site). I am using Divi theme + a child theme. I checked FAQs and documentation. I want to be certain to set this up properly at the onset with WPML because my worry is that when the time comes to move everything to public_html, I will have WPML issues. What advice can you provide please so that I can start on the right foot (to avoid issues down the line).

1. I register the development site in the account ?
2. Will links break, etc. when we transition?
Etc.

This is the current site : hidden link
New site we will begin working on is located here : hidden link

Thank you,
Jocelyne

July 4, 2019 at 8:27 pm #4146315

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Jocelyne,

Thank you for contacting us. By default, you should only worry about WordPress working properly. WPML will work correctly if WordPress is transferred correctly as well.

The links will not break because of the transfer as long as WordPress works properly and the links have been created correctly.

On the question of registering the site, yes, it will be necessary to register the new domain. You can see step by step in our documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.