This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikitaS-4 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 7:33 am

nikitaS-4

I am trying to:
Activate the plugin (tried with all other plugins and themes deactivated)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Only in WP admin

I expected to see:
Working plugin

Instead, I got:
Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 32 of the file /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:684 the database contains post_revision while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item in /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32
Stack trace:
#0 /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1489): WPML_Set_Language->set('684', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true)
#1 /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('684', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en')
#2 /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language()
#3 /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Nav_Menu->init('')
#4 /home/bluelable/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.ph

July 31, 2019 at 8:43 am #4312999

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

This kind of error is happening because of corrupt entry or misconfiguration in the Database. In this case element_type which has element_id 684 of wp_icl_translations database table doesn't match tax_category of this entry in wp_posts database table.

Please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure you are still having the issue.

1) Go to your database using phpMyAdmin(or something similar)

2) Go to wp_icl_translations database table

3) Find entry with element_id:684 and delete that row

This should fix the issue.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Rohan

July 31, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4314683

nikitaS-4

One row didn't help.

All rows crashed the website.

July 31, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4314723

nikitaS-4

So how to clean up this mess?

July 31, 2019 at 2:38 pm #4315427

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

As I've mentioned, you need to delete only the single row.
May I know the issue you are facing now?

Thanks,
Rohan

July 31, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4315435

nikitaS-4

Don't worry I restored the backup, same issue - new ID.

I have managed to switch off the broken functionality of WPML and get to the reset part so now seems to work, still testing.

July 31, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4317057

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the information.
If you have any issues please let me know.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 1, 2019 at 10:19 am #4320435

nikitaS-4

My issue is resolved now. Full testing complete.