This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 6:39 pm #4548207

garyC-15

I am trying to: Add a translation service to my account. Unfortunately, WPML is saying I need to register the site, which I did when we first downloaded WPML. So I went to the pulgin's register page and rentered the key, which is still not working.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: in the backend of my website, under the Add plugin page

I expected to see: I deleted and created a new key for the site to see if that would fix it.

Instead, I got: same error message

September 10, 2019 at 9:20 pm #4548947

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry about the inconvnience. We are having some issue with our latest update in regards to automatical updates. I am unsure if your issue is connected to this.

As far I can see the URL of your staging is registered to your email.

Do I understand right, that you already unregistered the URL, obtained a new site key and tried to register again? Now, the new site key is not accepted und WPML is still unregistered?

Please proceed as followed after taking a backup of your website and database:

1) Disable all plugins temporarily.
2) Delete all WPML Plugins
3) Download CMS Multilingual 4.2.8 here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
4) Install CMS Multilingual
5) If possible, go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and add from here our add-on and glue plugins

In case you will not be able to automatically add und update the other WPML plugins please download all necessary plugins from our website and upload the extracted yip-archives manually by FTP to wp-content/plugins.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Site key is invalid’ is closed to new replies.