This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 28, 2019 at 6:50 pm #3698801

kevinB-39

I am trying to: make it so that when someone visits our site with Spanish as their browser language, it automatically detects it and uses our Spanish version of our site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: manual Spanish translation / menu (when browser is set to Spanish)

Instead, I got: English (depending on the browser, sometimes the pop up asking if I want to switch language using Google translate or something like that)

April 29, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3705569

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I noticed you are using a cache plugin. Have you tried clearing your site's cache to see if the redirect will be done?

If the problem persists, please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins, switch to the default theme and see if the problem persists?

If the problem is fixed, please, enable the plugins one by one to see if there is any compatibility problem between these plugins.

Thank you.

May 1, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3718707

kevinB-39

Before doing all this, I was hoping we could maybe get some assistance to make sure that we had the right configurations that it *should* be working. Honestly, the documentation around this is not as clear as we hoped.

Could you please:
1) confirm that IF set up properly, we should be able to use WPML without any manual language switcher? That it will just automatically show Spanish for Spanish users and English for English users?
2) If 1 is correct, can you outline the 2 or 3 config settings that we should have set?

Doing what you suggested is going to take their entire site down. We would like that to be a last resort *after* we figure out if what we are trying to do is really possible and what settings we should be verifying.

Thank you for your time!

May 1, 2019 at 8:38 pm #3719849

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Initially, you should clear your site's cache to see if the problem will persist.

As you are using some minification plugin, you should disable it to see if the redirect will be done. WPML adds a script to the current page to do this redirect. As the minification seems to be removing these in-line scripts, this problem may be happening.

If the problem still persists, you will then need to disable all plugins non-WPML to see if redirection is going to be done.

Also, remember to clear your browser's cache, since WPML only does one redirect at a time.

From the debug information, it looks like the site is configured correctly (the redirect option). It is now necessary to see if there is any other plugin that is preventing redirection from being done.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] site language not automatically switching’ is closed to new replies.