This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 7:49 am #4041057

edn-4

Tell us what you are trying to do? am try to translate my site. after translate site link not working all links goes to home page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

June 18, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4044065

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. Can you please let me know what exactly did you translate, what were the steps that you followed to do that and what exactly is not working anymore? Is there any error or screenshot / screen-recording that you can share with me where you can elaborate a bit more on this issue so that I can get a better understanding of that you are experiencing and how did you got there?

2. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 18, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4045869

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Unfortunately, I am not able to log into the site using the credentials you shared (I am attaching a screenshot).

Can you please check?

Also, can you please let me know what ACF field you tried to translate and from what language to what language?

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

June 19, 2019 at 4:32 am #4047921

edn-4

sorry for the wrong details .am share my login details in previews message "admin" to "wpadmin"

am translate in Chinese and Japaneses language. text filed successfully translated but image not showing on fronted

June 20, 2019 at 11:55 am #4059605

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the access details.

I can access your site now.

When I check things on your site, I can see that in Pages only the homepage is translated. Please see the attached screenshot. When I go to the homepage of your site here.
hidden link
I can switch to all the other language here.
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
And when I check the Posts section, I can see that none of the posts are translated. So I can't understand where you have the issue os the site not working after translation.
Can you please explain to me where I can see the problem on your site?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 20, 2019 at 12:26 pm #4059941

edn-4

am start with new setup and translate single page first and home page only translate hidden link;

and other two page images not coming
hidden link
hidden link

please check the links.
when am done with home page after that am start other pages. that's by am not translate other things

June 20, 2019 at 5:23 pm #4061937

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Yes, I understand the issue now. The images from the ACD custom fields are not showing on the translated pages. This is happening because you need to set them to 'copy' and they were set to 'don't translate'. It is explained in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-repeater-fields
You have a Tab field group for those fields which act as a repeater field. For one of the image fields, I've set everything to 'copy,' and it is working now. I've set it to the jmi_explore_image field. Please see this screenshot to see that it is working image-ok-copy.jpg
Here is what I did to fix this with this image field. Please do the same with the other image fields.

1. On the Home Page field group, I've set the jmi_explore_image field to 'copy'. Please see the attached screenshot jmi_explore_image-group.jpg. Then I updated the group.

2. On the editing screen of the homepage, I scrolled down to the Multilingual Content Setup section and pressed the 'Show system fields' link.

3. Then I set the _jmi_explore_image system field to copy. Please see the attached screenshot _jmi_explore_image-system.jpg. Then I pressed the 'Apply' button.

4. I updated the page, and now it is showing on the translated pages.

Please let me know if it is working for you and if you have any questions about this issue.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Site not working after translation’ is closed to new replies.