Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
March 30, 2023 at 8:21 pm #13370243

Sebastien

Hello, I've got a weird bug with WPML. We are using the multiple domains option, with eclairagecbm.com being the french language, cbmlighting.com being the english.

But when it goes through to load the CSS, JS and Iframes of Elementor, it screws up. Sometimes it loads from cbmlighting.com, sometimes from eclairagecbm.com, causing cross domain errors. (See screenshot)

So is there a way to ask WPML to 1- Always use a specific domain for loads or 2- reset the functionality with WPML that guides what's the url it should load files from?

It doesnt seem to be a common issue, it mostly seems like the DB is just confused as to which language is the leading one.

URL hidden link

Screenshot 2023-03-30 161712.png
March 31, 2023 at 8:04 am #13373055

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

According your screenshot, it seems to be related to CORS policy, can you check this?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-tools-page-get-cors-error-from-ams-wpml-org/#post-8424547

And check/confirm with your host that this is resolved and set? If yes, then you should see CORS error no longer and second domain should properly load assets from the first one.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 31, 2023 at 12:47 pm #13375963

Sebastien

I'm currently checking with my host for that because yes, it would quickly fix the problem.

But I really wonder why it just jumps around both domains... switching the CORS fixes the symptom, not the problem.

Also, the link you are giving me is archived.

March 31, 2023 at 1:24 pm #13376205

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It's impossible to answer such questions without thorough debugging, it could be due to caching or something else or simply that it should work like that given the functionality of specific plugin which uses frontend editing, as it is the case with some frontend visual builders.

We would also need to see this happening so we could track it down, so to have clear steps to reproduce.

I apologize for the archived page, it basically consists of URLs on how to set up CORS on the website, but hosting should be able to know how to set this up anyway.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

March 31, 2023 at 1:50 pm #13376423

Sebastien

Yeah its pretty clear to me that I've hit some very weird bug. Probably Elementor has some stuff to do in it too.

I'll try to fix the CORS and see if that works

March 31, 2023 at 2:25 pm #13376833

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Ok, let us know.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.