This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
January 17, 2018 at 5:19 pm #1487668

berryP-2

This is a screenshot of what the country widgets look like: hidden link

January 18, 2018 at 12:14 pm #1488497

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

OK, thanks for this extra information.
I've shared all the information and code with our second tiers supporters and am waiting for their reply on this.
I'll keep you updated here.

January 18, 2018 at 2:47 pm #1488689

berryP-2

Thank you, I'll be waiting for the second tier reply.

January 22, 2018 at 12:50 pm #1491974

Itamar
Supporter

Update
This ticket is now escalated to our second tier supporters so they will and see if they can spot the issue with the code of problematic widgets.

January 22, 2018 at 11:10 pm #1492912

berryP-2

I hope they can find something because it's bugging me as hell 🙂 never experienced anything like this before.

February 1, 2018 at 8:05 pm #1504638

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our second tier supporter checked this issue, and unfortunately, he could not find what the source of this problem is. Since your theme is a custom theme, our second tier also stresses the point that this issue is out of the scope of our support. I want to remind you that you can contact one of our certified contractors.
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Best regards,
Itamar.

February 1, 2018 at 8:16 pm #1504649

berryP-2

That is very disappointing... because now I have a plugin which I can't use because it doesn't do as promised.

Yes, I know my theme is custom, but is this a problem ? Is support only given on themes from the official WP repository ?

The theme makes use of normal WP functionalities as well as a plugin approved by WPML (Timber).

Does your second tier have at least an idea where to look for this issue or are they clueless ?

I have several sites setup like this... which means I can't install WPML on any of them... kind of a bummer... Definitely not what I expected from a plugin like WPML.

February 1, 2018 at 8:47 pm #1504672

Itamar
Supporter

I can understand your disappointment but I'm sorry, we can not help further with this issue.

Our second tier wrote to me that your theme is very big and it will take hours to debug. I'm sure that if he had found a direction or tip on where to look, he would have provided it. If you want, I can ask him to reply here.

Our support policy, which you can read in the following link, will answer your questions here.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

I would like to remind you that you can contact one of our contractors for professional help.
https://wpml.org/contractors/

February 1, 2018 at 8:54 pm #1504677

berryP-2

I wouldn't mind providing more info to the 2nd tier in a skype call or so.... because I think I can provide more insight then if they went looking for it, which probably makes it faster to pinpoint where the issue could be.

Because I think I sort of pinpointed that it comes from a database setting, as explained in this topic.

In terms of the support policy... I find it not entirely clear.
"If you’re having a problem that involves a different plugin or theme".
Different from what ??

I have a default (custom) theme that I use as a base.
I can install this template somewhere with just WPML and these widgets....
That narrows down the amount of code a lot.

February 2, 2018 at 1:35 pm #1505379

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

This is Andrey here. Itamar asked me to step in.

WPML plays nicely with many themes and plugins that were made for public use. We also provide for this Go-Global Program to help theme/plugin authors to make their products compatible with WPML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

The problem appeared due to some conflict between your custom theme and WPML (and probably with the participation of the 3rd party plugin). I've taken a look at the problem to find a solution but could not spot a reason as it requires much more in-depth debugging which is something that is outside the scope of support for such cases.
I noticed you wrote about removing some option from the database. The moment you delete, it will probably lead WPML not to work correctly that's not well. I suspect the root of the issue is somewhere else that needs to be debugged.

February 2, 2018 at 8:57 pm #1505904

berryP-2

Andrey thanks for the reply. I think I have to disagree with you reg the 3rd party plugin (if you mean another plugin could interfere), because I have tested it on a website which just had my base theme and wpml/timber where it also happened. So I think it's probably theme related. I can install this 'naked site' somewhere without all the plugins which are installed now which would make finding the issue a lot easier.

I also wouldn't mind explaining stuff in a Skype call which would make debugging it a lot faster because I really want this plugin to work.

I think the solution can't be that hard. I'm not doing anything special with Timber or WordPress.

February 2, 2018 at 10:56 pm #1505947

berryP-2

I have just installed a new site with twentyfifteen and timber and wpml as only active plugins.

I have added 1 simple widget (the AWE one) and it won't show.

Can the fact that I have moved my wp-content dir somewhere else ? Or that the folder is now called content instead of wp-content ?

I'm going to upload this somewhere. Can you set a reply as private so I can share new login details ?

February 5, 2018 at 9:42 am #1506784

Andrey
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. There's no possibility to provide the support through the Skype. It's possible through support forum only.

Since you are doing the custom coding, we're not able to give you the help as much as you expect. But I do understand from the last message that you limited the issue.
The Timber plugin is on our compatibility list, but I'm quite sure it hasn't been tested in the way you using it.
I would suggest contacting plugin's author and showing this issue. Since they are the ones who know their code well, they can tell if you are doing this correctly. Proofing them about the compatibility issue between two plugins (and not because of your custom code), makes them contact our compatibility team explaining the problem from the developer's side. As I mentioned the Timber plugin listed as compatible, they should have contacts with us.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

I set the next reply as a private if you still need to share the access.

February 6, 2018 at 5:21 pm #1508947

Andrey
Supporter

I'll check it once again to see if anything obvious is being missed. But if not, I would suggest you follow my previous response. I'll keep you posted.

February 6, 2018 at 9:00 pm #1509185

berryP-2

BTW I already added it on SO 2 weeks ago... See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48255638/wpml-empties-timber-sidebar