Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andoni larrañaga 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 18, 2018 at 11:40 am #1488461

andoni larrañaga

We have a site with over 6 languages. The base language is Spanish.

We are trying to translate content from English to Japanese.

We are using Siteorigin Pagebuilder plugin, so we understand that we should translate content by sending Widgets content to translate via String Translation. We did it and asign this translations to "japantranslate" user.

When we log-in with "japantranslate" user, we don't see this content in "Translation interface" menu-option, we see this Widgets in "String translation" menu-option.

The problem is that the content of this widgets is HTML content and we need to activate the HTML editor.

Any help? Thanks!

January 20, 2018 at 1:52 pm #1490693

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering. This is not usual in this forum.

From what I understand, you're trying to translate just one string from Siteorigin Page Builder? If so, instead of just sending the string for translation, you should duplicate the page (or send the page completely for translation).

You can see step by step in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wpml-siteorigin/

Please, after following the steps in our documentation, let me know if you have successfully translated Siteorigin Page Builder.

Thank you.

January 22, 2018 at 10:25 am #1491721

andoni larrañaga

Hi;

We are able to translate the content like this tutorial:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-wpml-siteorigin/

But, we need to send this content to be translate using an external translator. We created one user and assigned the content to this.

When we log-in with this user, we don't see this content in "Translation interface" menu-option, we see this Widgets in "String translation" menu-option.

Thanks!

January 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm #1492873

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. In this case, you should have to share the credentials you created for the translator so that he can access the translator account and translate the content as it is in our documentation.

This is how Siteorigin is translated. If you try to translate this with Translation Management, this should not work as expected.

About the "Translation interface" menu item not being displayed, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

January 25, 2018 at 1:16 pm #1496893

andoni larrañaga

Hi;

We resolve this problem with alternative solution.

Thanks!