Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by veronicaC-8 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 18, 2018 at 1:18 pm #2745213

mahendraS

Hello
I am trying to:
Activate WPML on my Dev server. This Plugin is not actvated and also the plugin section show the error. I am define the config file bug is true

I expected to see:
The plugin activate,
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 792

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-xml-config-validate.php:61 Stack trace: #0 /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-xml-config-validate.php(45): WPML_XML_Config_Validate->get_xml('<wpml-config>\n ...') #1 /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-xml-config-validate.php(28): WPML_XML_Config_Validate->from_string('<wpml-config>\n ...') #2 /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/read/class-wpml-xml-config-read-file.php(18): WPML_XML_Config_Validate->from_file('/opt/thinksys-i...') #3 /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config.php(292): WPML_XML_Config_Read_File->get() #4 /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-c in /opt/thinksys-incubator/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-xml-config-validate.php on line 61

I am running LTS, PHP 7.2.9, MariaDB Version : 10.1.35,WordPress Version : 4.9.8,CPU : 4 Cores ,RAM : 4GB,Charset : UTF-8

error.png
September 19, 2018 at 1:48 pm #2748975

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The lack of the DOM element is usually indicative of an outdated version of this module in PHP. However, your debug info shows you are using an updated version of PHP. Can you please check with your hosting provider to make sure are not missing a PHP extension called "php-xml". One thing that you need to take notice is that on some online server managers like CPanel this extension is named as "dom".

Also, in some cases, there is a an explicit flag called "disable-dom". This forces PHP to not parse/run/allow any kind of DOM function which in our case are necessary to WPML. Please ask your hosting provider to check for this as well.

If this does not resolve the error, please try activating WPML with all other plugins deactivated and a default theme such as Twenty Seventeen. Be sure to take a full backup of your site before deactivating theme and plugins.

March 12, 2019 at 10:11 pm #3328651

heleneT-2

I need someone to help me. I think the plugin has to be re-install and I do not know how to do that... at this time, I cannot go and work in my dashboard. If I take away the plugin, I cannot see French website.. (english-french website)

wpml.png
February 20, 2020 at 1:38 am #5528409

veronicaC-8

Coul you please avoid to make your customer have to ask the provider support eand proper settings to runa the application they paid to you? Could you please fix the problem in awhile and make we eork with the tool we bought without any other bull bumbing settings and askings. Or maybe do you like better to give our money back and go the hell amd let someone else will get your market by our notstisfactinos'
Thanks, if you go ahead now!

February 20, 2020 at 1:40 am #5528411

veronicaC-8

I am still not able to work with your plugs and I paid 120 $ for nothing or worse to get your bullshit instructions to run your update. That's crazy.

February 20, 2020 at 1:47 am #5528421

veronicaC-8

It is not resolved at all! I want my money back and I will write about this cheat. I bought 3 modules, and then I had to buy another 3 and then nothing works cause I need some settings. and... go the hell! It does not work thats' s all. And you are not able to fix the problem. After I gave you about $120 I believe I am right to pretend it works and it does not. That's all.