This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mattiasH-7 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4387777

mattiasH-7

I am trying to: install the sitepress multilingual cms but as soon as i press activate the whole website becomes unusable and i get an error.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR was caused in line 110 of the file /home/brookhaven/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-slash-management.php. Error message: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Slash_Management::parse_missing_host_from_path() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/brookhaven/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/converter/strategy/class-wpml-url-converter-domain-strategy.php on line 104 and defined

August 13, 2019 at 7:27 pm #4390395

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

when setting up WPML are you selecting the URL format to be a different domain per language ?

if so please Check that the addresses of the domains added in WPML -> Languages ​​-> Format of URLs for languages ​​-> A different domain for each language, they are all complete and there is no empty field.

We have seen this issue occur when setting Language URL format to 'Different domain per language' and entered an invalid domain for one the language domain.

If the first solution did not work To fix the issue, please try the following :

-backup your site completely
-go to 'wpl1_options' table and search for "icl_sitepress_settings"

There edit the key and change:

s:25:"language_negotiation_type";s:1:"2";

to:

s:25:"language_negotiation_type";s:1:"1";

Then go to WPML > Languages and set "Different domain per language" and ENTER A VALID domain for ALL LANGUAGES.

The problem happens because there is NO domain for the second language.

August 14, 2019 at 6:10 am #4392595

mattiasH-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!