This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 1, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3507917

charlottev-4

Hello WPML,

I am starting a translation project (hidden link user: Brandeniers pw: 2018)

I have made translation for 5 languages. Not all pages have to be translated completely (some texts are only needed for the main language and have no translation).

My question: What is de best way to hide elements/texts that don't need to be translated? Because in the advanced translation editor, you have to translate every text on the page. Should I hide these parts with CSS? Or is there a better way?

I hope you can help me with my question
Thank you

April 1, 2019 at 8:34 pm #3511541

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

On pages where you want the translation to not have parts of the original page, you would need to translate this page manually. Please read our documentation about it in the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Skip parts of a page that don't have to be translated’ is closed to new replies.