This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Bjoern

Good morning,

Sorry to bother, but I have two issues:

1. switching languages between flags is not working, always returning to homepage.

2. Fusion Slider does only work in the english version, but not in the german version,I cannot see them in both??? I would need them in each language!

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Password protected website: nsp2020
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:

Sliders on each language version of pages and being able to switch between languages.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great day.

August 23, 2019 at 5:48 pm
August 23, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4449323

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please try deactivating your current theme, temporarily switch to a default theme such as Twenty Nineteen, and let's see if the language switcher works with those settings. If it does, please try switching back to your current theme and see if the language switcher works as expected.

Also, ask your hosting provider to check the server logs for any errors, as well as disable server side caching so that we can test with those settings.

Let me know your results when you get a chance. Thanks!

August 26, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4460557

Bjoern

Hi Lauren, How are you? I talked to my host they emtied the server cache and did not see anything weird for the servers log. They recommended me to reinstall the plugins which I am doing now. Hope this works. Still would appreciate some assistance in case this does not bring me further. Thanks a lot.

August 26, 2019 at 5:58 pm #4460693

Bjoern

Could this be the problem?

August 26, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4460725

Lauren
Supporter

Sure I will keep this ticket open. Let me know if there is any change after reinstalling the plugins.

August 26, 2019 at 6:13 pm #4460783

Bjoern

Hi Lauren,

nothing has changed.

I still cannot switch between languages/pages as I wish, however, I can do a workaround by copying the individual language domain URL e.g. hidden link in the header with a flag icon.

Not sure what google thinks about that since my client has the .de and .es domain as well and perhaps a more elegant solution would be linking to the corresponding domain. Any help would be appreciated.

Take care, Bjorn

August 27, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4467807

Bjoern

Hi Lauren, Can you help me? It is still not working as expected...

August 27, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4467975

Bjoern

Somehow when I copy content now, the page has changed fonts and so on...

August 27, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4468745

Bjoern

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to bother you, but I really do experience some strange behavior with the website. I got a lot of problems. Would it be possible to help me. Just to know, could you guys refund me my money? I just do not get this working for me.

Sorry, but I spend so many hours on this now. I kind of giving up.

Thanks for any reply.

August 28, 2019 at 2:25 am #4470467

Lauren
Supporter

I'm happy to help any way I can. You mentioned "Somehow when I copy content now, the page has changed fonts and so on". Can you send me the URL for the page where this is happening? Also, what is the content that was copied? Did you copy the content from the visual editor, or the text editor?

I would love to help you resolve the issues so that you don't need to request a refund. However, if you decide that is what you would like to do, you can do so here: https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/

August 28, 2019 at 6:50 am #4471473

Bjoern

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for your message. You do have my access and know the website URLs from our previous encounter:-)

When you click the flags you will get to the pages and see it. My problems are various:

switcher does not work, so I had to do a workaround
fonts changed
slider does not copy completely

Not sure if these problems are on your side, caused by the plugin or my theme. Honestly, I am close to giving up.

Thanks anyway.

August 28, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4474285

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for clarifying. The German slider was not displaying because the slide was in the trash. I went to Slides -> Trash and restored it and now you can see it displaying on the homepage.

As for the font and layout issues, you are able to set different font sizes and styles per language using the Avada theme options. To do this, go to Avada ->Theme Options and use the admin language switcher at the top of the dashboard to change languages.

In regards to the language switcher, I'm still unsure on this one because I was not able to reproduce locally. I can set up a cloudways site and we can migrate your site there for further testing if you would like. Just let me know, it won't take long to set up.

August 28, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4474321

Bjoern

Hi Lauren, That would be lovely. Thanks a lot. And thanks for your patience.

August 28, 2019 at 1:52 pm