This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 5:47 pm

hocineS

Hello

I fully translated this site and everything works fine except the slider on the main page. So I went to WPML, then String translation then Translate admin tex then I looked for theme_mods_sydney-child and ticked all the text to be translated but yet it does not appear once I search them under String translation, but hwen I look in the domain Admin_text_theme_mods_sydney_child I see everything being translated. See this video and this attached capture

hidden link

Thx

June 11, 2019 at 6:53 pm #3998099

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed the slider strings was set to english as the default language while your website default language is french, I changed that to french so now you can proceed translating it. Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

June 12, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4004737

hocineS

That you very much, that worked and fixed perfectly the issue. but where and how did you change the slider string...I will be having more web site to translate and don't want to open tickets all the time.

Thx

June 12, 2019 at 2:04 pm #4005029

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates, I am glad it works. The best way to fix the wrong language for those slider strings is the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation find the wrong language slide strings and delete them.

2 - Now click the 'Translate texts in admin screens' and register the slider strings again for translation, then translate it again.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please, let me know if you need any further help or clarificaitons. Have a nice day.