This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: a slider created with Slider Revolution doesn't appear on the translated page even if the slider itself is translated.

Solution: the translated page wasn't 100% translated

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rohanJ 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 16, 2018 at 3:13 am #2819526

kaneC

I am trying to:
I hope this is an easy fix but its driving me nuts. I have a multi-language Slider Revolution slider. Everything there is totally fine, it shows up on English. But for Korean, the entire element hides. At first I thought this was a Slider Revolution issue, so I dropped in a based text element (I'm using Visual Composer Page Builder) but did NOT translate it. The text element is available in default English, and hides in Korean. This proves that the Slider Revolution element is doing the same thing.

I have tried every possible setting I can think of to ensure all elements are shown regardless if they are translated.

I also added a custom shortcode (rev_slider) to wpml-config settings. Because when I translate the page, the Revolution Slider element does not have a translation element option.

Nothing has worked. But I know its probably just me missing something silly because everything else works great! WPML is amazing at everything else.

Thanks for your help.

October 17, 2018 at 3:17 pm #2825112

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

as the first thing, I'd suggest updating WordPress and Slider Revolution. From your debug information, I see you're not using the latest versions, so please update them.

Second, WPML requires at least MySQL version 5.6., and I can see you are using 5.5. You should try asking your hosting if it's possible to increase it. More information here: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

If those suggestions don't help, could you explain me your procedure for translating the slider? Here is our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

October 17, 2018 at 3:33 pm #2825154

kaneC

Thanks for the response, Laura. I’ll check into the upgrades of everything.

In the meantime... I feel like I’m simply missing something. I followed all the directions for translating slider revolution, using the same doc you shared.

Is there a setting that will remove elements that have not explicitly been marked as “translation complete?” I ask because to test why the slider wasn’t showing, I added a text block and did not translate it. It did NOT show up in Korean. Same as the slider.

I thought I had the settings set so everything would show regardless if it was fully translated.

I’ve also attempted to add the rev slider short code so it shows up as a translatable object (the alias at least) but that doesn’t work either.

So before I go and attempt an upgrade which might expose other issues, is there a setting I’m missing that would show English non-translated elements, when viewing Korean? Note I’m using the ?lang=ko

Thanks!

October 18, 2018 at 7:41 am #2827004

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

updating is always better. I have another suggestion, but if the issue needs further debugging, I need you to update first or I won't be able to help.

Go to WPML -> Setting and see if there is something related to Slider Revolution that is set to "don't translate"

Also, in WPML -> Setting -> Media Translation try running the translation/duplication process

November 1, 2018 at 9:06 pm #2869933

kaneC

Hey Laura - Ok, sorry for the delay! My hosting provider had an outage and THEN informed me that they dont support MySQL over 5.5. So I had to migrate.

That is all complete. But sadly I am still seeing the same issue. I'm still convinced it is something trivial that I am missing that is causing elements that were not specifically translated to NOT show up, even though I believe I have all settings set correctly to allow them to simply show the english version.

New debug info: [removed]

Thanks!

November 2, 2018 at 11:13 am #2871653

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I removed the debug information because if they're not in the box they aren't readable and they are furthermore visible in the public forum.

At this point, I'd like to ask you for credentials. I'll enable a private reply.

November 5, 2018 at 9:44 am #2876348

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I noticed the Korean homepage wasn't 100% translated, so I finished translating it and the page seems to be working now. hidden link

Can you confirm the issue is resolved?

November 5, 2018 at 11:55 am #2876655

kaneC

Grrrrr I didn’t realize I had to make it 100%, that was a silly mistake. Since other elements were showing correctly I just assumed I could leave the media alone. Thanks for sticking with me on this!

September 30, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4665589

rohanJ

Hi there,

I'm having issues with Revolution Slider and Cornerstone. I use the X Theme, and I have the English and Spanish versions already running. I started the French translation just last week, and I seem to have a few issues with the French pages. The home page has a slider that uses Slider Revolution, but it doesn't display (see image). I also noticed that by using the default WPML editor, not all fields inside the pages were translated even though I reach 100% in the translation. I have to manually do it using WordPress. I normally use Cornerstone, the default Editor for the X Theme to make changes, but it doesn't work for any of the French pages either. I reached out to the X Theme team, and they believe there is an issue with WPML that is not allowing the Slider and Editor to run properly. Can you help?

This is the page: hidden link