This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm #4260529

georgiG-4

Hello, my previous thread was locked, but my problem is still not solved.

I've replied twice, but didn't get any answer. Thank you!

Link to last thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/extremely-slow-admin-unable-to-edit-products-or-deactivate-wpml-plugins/page/2/#post-4205461

July 23, 2019 at 7:58 am #4263425

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I've checked that other ticket, especially the last reply (it was private one, perhaps our system has not registered it for some reason through email, hence supporters did not reply).

As for that, I checked this:

When I installed the "Translation Management" module, the site gave a fatal error and the message: "The site is experiencing technical difficulties."

This should not be happening, especially because translation management is required for WooCommerce multilingual to work. Otherwise, WooCommerce multilingual will be activated, but will not be functional.

Can you tell me if you can provide wp-admin credentials for the site, along with FTP info? I'd like to try this myself, it could possibly be corrupted database of installation, so I would like to see what debug.log is saying when you activate them.
I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 24, 2019 at 6:18 am #4270515

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

May I ask how do I reproduce the issue? I see that translation management is in fact active and site is working. The one thing I did notice is that this particular site did not conform to our minimum requirements, so I set the memory limit to 256MB:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 24, 2019 at 8:17 am #4271337

georgiG-4

Hello,
The site is working fine on the front end, yes, but Woocommerce-Products (hidden link) and the Woocommerce tab itself cannot be accessed.

When i click, it loads for ever or gives me "The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

Thank you!

July 24, 2019 at 8:40 am #4271577

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I activated debug.log and I see this error message:

WordPress database error: [Lost connection to MySQL server during query]...

Can you tell me if you are using GoDaddy hosting perhaps?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 24, 2019 at 9:41 am #4272467

georgiG-4

No i am using Coolicehost, not GoDaddy. Thank you!

July 24, 2019 at 10:12 am #4272931

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have activated WooCommerce plugin by disabling WPML and everything else. The site is still not working, so this is not WPML issue is it seems.

I think you will need to reach your hosting about the issue. Or in case you have only started working on the site, I suggest you clear it up completely (by removing all WooCommerce product and data from database - you could use plug-in such as WordPress reset).

It is possible that either your current hosting cannot handle the number of products you might be having there (I do know how many there are, since I cannot access it, and haven't checked database) or database got corrupted somehow.

According to this error message, maybe this will help you:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/getting-error-on-activating-woocommerce/

I'm afraid I cannot assist anymore at this point, as this does not seem to be WPML related issue.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 24, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4276373

georgiG-4

Hello again,
Actually i am pretty sure that the problem is exactly with WPML because the site was working fine until i've installed WPML.

Ok, i will make fresh WordPress - woocommerce instalation and try for one last time.

Thank you!

July 25, 2019 at 7:00 am #4279649

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

On the site in question, can you do the following?

Go to WPML->Support->Troubleshooting. There, click on “Reset all language data and deactivate WPML”.

The 'Reset' action will deactivate the WPML plugin after it deletes the WPML tables (tables with the 'icl_' prefix) from the database. The action will NOT delete any content (posts, taxonomy terms etc.). It only affects translation and language information that WPML associates with each content type.

Please note that all translations you have sent to remote translation services will be lost if you reset WPML's data. They cannot be recovered later.

If you are using the Advanced Translation Editor, you will lose the translations that are in progress, as well as the existing translation memory and glossary. You will also lose access to purchases, invoices, and history related to your work with the Advanced Translation Editor.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 29, 2019 at 5:56 pm #4302691

georgiG-4

Hello,
Thank you for the reply but my client decided to move to another plugin.

Thanks for the help anyway!

July 30, 2019 at 6:19 am #4304999

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, thank you for letting us know. Marking this as closed then!

Regards,
Bruno Kos