This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Slow checkout since woocommerce update 4.0.1 and wpml woocommerce.

Solution: smtp email and hook below helped me make the checkout faster..you can close the threat On some servers, the sending of checkout-related emails can cause trouble. You can enable the following filter to defer emails from sending until after the order is sent through, which speeds things up:

add_filter( ‘woocommerce_defer_transactional_emails’, ‘__return_true’ );

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
March 26, 2020 at 6:22 pm #5772943

John

Slow checkout since woocommerce update 4.0.1 and wpml woocommerce.

March 27, 2020 at 2:30 pm #5780475

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I kindly ask you to visit this link and check the advises described to prevent performance issues with WPML: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

March 27, 2020 at 2:32 pm #5780477

John

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

smtp email and hook below helped me make the checkout faster..you can close the threat
On some servers, the sending of checkout-related emails can cause trouble. You can enable the following filter to defer emails from sending until after the order is sent through, which speeds things up:

add_filter( ‘woocommerce_defer_transactional_emails’, ‘__return_true’ );

March 27, 2020 at 2:51 pm #5780645

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,
I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Thank you very much for sharing these tips, it will be very helpful for future clients of the forum with similar issues.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos