This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tunde Maria Kovacs 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 28, 2019 at 2:41 am #3902109

Tunde Maria Kovacs

I am trying to: have adequate performance in WordPress Dashboard

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: WordPress Dashboard

I expected to see: faster time of response with changes in configuration if needed

Instead, I got: Slow queries. Here is the results of Siteground senior techs:
# Schema: massag01_vivanti Last_errno: 0 Killed: 0 SELECT DISTINCT s.id, s.name, s.context, st.status, s.gettext_context, st.value AS tra, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS orig FROM stage_icl_string_pages sp INNER JOIN stage_icl_string_urls su ON su.id = sp.url_id INNER JOIN stage_icl_strings s ON s.id = sp.string_id LEFT JOIN stage_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language=su.language AND s.language!=su.language WHERE (su.language='fr' and su.url='/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php') or (su.language='fr' and su.url IS NULL);

# Schema: massag01_vivanti Last_errno: 0 Killed: 0 SELECT DISTINCT s.id, s.name, s.context, st.status, s.gettext_context, st.value AS tra, st.mo_string AS mo_string, s.value AS orig FROM stage_icl_string_pages sp INNER JOIN stage_icl_string_urls su ON su.id = sp.url_id INNER JOIN stage_icl_strings s ON s.id = sp.string_id LEFT JOIN stage_icl_string_translations st ON s.id=st.string_id AND st.language=su.language AND s.language!=su.language WHERE (su.language='fr' and su.url='/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php') or (su.language='fr' and su.url IS NULL);

Those queries are made into database tables that contain more than 100,000 entries. One thing that I can see from the actual queries is that they are made by the admin-ajax.php through the WPML plugin that is in use on the website, so you may want to check the configuration of that plugin. More than likely this shows up when you are trying to work on a post/page.

May 28, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3908233

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Did you already follow the suggestion from here? https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

If nothing from there helps, I'd need a Duplicator of your site for further testing, and some indication on which pages I can see the issue. I'll enable a private reply.

May 31, 2019 at 2:08 am #3927195

Tunde Maria Kovacs

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!