Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 18, 2023 at 10:00 am

Francesco

slow queries

April 18, 2023 at 10:45 am
April 18, 2023 at 10:53 am #13494683

Francesco

I see the issue is related to the YITH Pre-Order plugin specially fo this category hidden link

April 18, 2023 at 10:58 am #13494691

Francesco

Going deeper it seems specific to this product hidden link

April 19, 2023 at 7:06 am #13501925

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Francesco,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

I see there are more than 1000 duplicate queries when activating the plugin "YITH Pre-Order for WooCommerce Premium". This plugin is not available in our list of compatible plugins, which you can check here https://wpml.org/plugin/.

So it could be a compatibility issue between YITH Pre-Order for WooCommerce Premium and WPML, we will address that by reporting this to the compatibility team.

To be able to report the compatibility issues we need to replicate the issue on a clean installation. I created a clean installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons. You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:

- Install the YITH Pre-Order for WooCommerce Premium plugin.
- Try to replicate the issue.
- Then let me know the steps to replicate it.

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 20, 2023 at 8:49 am #13509669

Francesco

Hi Long,
as the issue seems to be related to a single specific product hidden link
could you have a look at it on our staging site before I do all the tarantella installing plugins, creating products and doing tests...?

I don't know if it can help, but please also have a look at the attached query monitor screenshot.

Thanks,
Francesco.

April 20, 2023 at 9:05 am #13509879

Francesco

can you hide the attachment please?
or better can you do this support ticket private?
Thanks,
Francesco.

April 20, 2023 at 10:08 am #13510507

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

It looks related to the option "Enable all Pre-Order features for your visitors" in Yith > Pre Order > General Options. I've disabled this option then the duplicate queries are down to about 155 queries. Can you please confirm this?

Also, please help us to replicate the issue on the sandbox site in order to report it to the Compatibility team.

Thanks

April 20, 2023 at 1:29 pm #13511881

Francesco

Hi,
if you disable all Pre-Order features for visitors is like you deactivate the plugin in the frontend... that would be a problem in production site because all the products in pre-order become available...

Anyway I will try to replicate the issue on your sandbox, but please in the while can you try to find a fix? it is very urgent

Thanks,
Francesco.

April 21, 2023 at 2:02 am #13514799

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

After running some troubleshooting buttons in WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and deactivating all unrelated plugins, I see the number of duplicate queries is around 930 queries and 1.3s loading time.

On another product page, the number of duplicate queries is lower but the loading time is the same (1.1 - 1.2s) because they are not slow queries, please check this hidden link

So I think it is a better performance on your site. You may try to use a caching plugin to cache the database queries to improve the performance also.

If you want to further investigate, please replicate the issue on the sandbox site, I will ask my 2nd tier support about the duplicate queries and update you here when I have any information.

Thanks

April 21, 2023 at 9:36 am #13516817

Francesco

Hi,
I'm afraid I have better performance only if I disable WPML, please see attachments.

It is really disappointing that your plugin slows down the website so much...

I will try to replicate the issue on your sandbox with the hope that you can solve the problem.

Thanks,
Francesco.

WPML-off-Dalaa-Nabeel-Profumi-Arabi-Staging.png
WPML-on-Dalaa--Nabeel-Profumi-Arabi--Staging.png
April 21, 2023 at 10:15 am #13517223

Francesco

Hi,
issue replicated on your sandbox.
(same users as our staging site)

Thanks,
Francesco.

April 24, 2023 at 2:11 am #13524059

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'm asking our 2nd tier support about this issue and I will update you here when I have something to share.

Also, there is a notice after you access the sandbox site about don't migrate your site there but it looks like you've migrated your site data to the sandbox site.

I create a new sandbox site and you can login with the link below
hidden link

Kindly follow the steps:

- Install the YITH Pre-Order for WooCommerce Premium plugin (just the plugin, not other unnecessary plugins).
- Try to replicate the issue from scratch.
- Then let me know the steps to replicate it.

Thanks for your co-operation.

April 27, 2023 at 6:14 am #13546405

Francesco

Ok
I will try to replicate the issue from scratch.
Thanks,
Francesco.

April 27, 2023 at 6:57 am #13546623

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] slow queries’ is closed to new replies.