Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 7:22 pm #5869647

davidD-102

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have slow query issues from WPML, Please refer the screenshot

hidden link

Please resolve these issues because these are very important for the fast speed of website.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

April 8, 2020 at 8:03 pm #5869737

davidD-102

hidden link

April 10, 2020 at 9:44 pm #5886357

davidD-102

Its has been two days and no responded me on this, why no one is responding???

also check this screenshot too

hidden link

WPML\C\R\Status->pingRestEndpoint()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/REST/Status.php:81
WPML\C\R\Status->WPML\C\R\{closure}()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/REST/Status.php:48
WPML\C\R\Status->cacheInTransient()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/REST/Status.php:63
WPML\C\R\Status->is_rest_accessible()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/REST/Status.php:49
WPML\C\R\Status->isEnabled()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/REST/Status.php:39
wpml_is_rest_enabled()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/functions.php:819
WPML\S\M\S\U\Factory->create()
wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/UI/Factory.php:26
WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->run_factory()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php:144
WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->deferred_loader()
wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php:121
do_action('init')
wp-includes/plugin.php:478

April 12, 2020 at 1:25 am #5890361

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in answering but due to the short holidays' many colleagues are on vacation.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

April 15, 2020 at 2:40 am #5909091

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to create a package of your site using the plugin Duplicator but I receive unexpected redirects from backend to front end which for it is almost impossible to create a copy.

Further, I tried to connect to your server, but the connection was not possible.

Error:
Timeout detected. (control connection)
Connection failed.

The issue here most likely is that there is a compatibility issue between WPML and another plugin and we will need to figure out the culprit but it also seems that there are issue son the server.

Could you please make sure that I can obtain access to the server or at least enable the wp-debug feature which could help me to get a better understanding about the issue?

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the results. In case the debug-log is very long please add it to a web tool like pastebin.com and send me the link.

Kind regards,
Andreas

April 15, 2020 at 2:43 pm #5914955

davidD-102

Hi, I have given you access to Cpanel. the FTP login you have is the same for Cpanel.

April 16, 2020 at 4:18 am #5918793

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Sadly, I did not receive the URL for accessing your CPanel.

Did the issues occur since you installed our Beta Plugin Versions of was the issue already existing earlier?

The website is irresponsive and shows quite a lot of unexpected behavior when it comes to redirects from backend dashboard menu sections to a 404 page on the front-end.

Did you already try a minimal setup to check if those issues are WPML related? Means by using a default theme and only WPML plugins?

I installed the plugin Query Monitor on your site and I see that when visiting the Store page your Child Theme shows some errors. (See screenshot)

I can also see the following notice about code line 1308 of:

wp-content/plugins/superstorefinder-wp/ssf-wp-functions.php:1308

Could you try deactivating the plugin SuperStoreFinder and see if this enhances the page load time and solves the mentioned issues?

In fact, so far I do not see any errors or slow querries due to WPML.

Kind regards
Andreas

Capture.JPG
April 16, 2020 at 3:06 pm #5924591

davidD-102

I sent you a login link of cpanel too but you can create another private message I will share again cpanel. The only issue is from WPML. You plugin slow down the whole website and give too many problems. We are thinking to move on Shopify due to your wpml. Let me know if you can do anything fast without wasting time. Also it is really frustrating. you guys waste too much time in response. You should be quick responsive .. I have to wait for a day for your next response which is not good.

April 16, 2020 at 6:17 pm #5926487

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in answering but we are handling a high queue at the moment.

I in fact connected to your site, tried to take a copy, which fails due to errors. Server access is denied. There was not any Cpanel Link so far in your messages.

Would it be possible to temporarily disable plugins on your site for troubleshooting? In fact, many dashboard sections are not responding or showing wrong redirects.
Can you confirm that those issues on your site disappear if WPML is deactivated? Could you please try to disable the plugins by FTP and let me know once this is done?

Kind regards
Andreas

plugins.JPG
April 17, 2020 at 11:28 pm #5936015

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I understand it can be frustrating when issues occur and sadly your website is showing quite many of them. In fact, I am sure there are various errors, not only related to the RestAPI issue reported on your ticket.

As I mentioned earlier there are issues with the Child Theme, which for first of all I would suggest changing to the parent and to see if the website behaves normally.

I am at the moment not able to assist you unless I receive server access.

I am not able to access any CPanel if I do not receive the URL for accessing it.

Could you please provide the CPanel URL in order to be able to log in?

I also have sent you detailed instructions about how to use Duplicator but in fact, not even I am able to create a package, as the website has various redirect errors.

In order to identify those errors and to see which plugins might be causing them, I need to have access to the server or at least I need your assistance by enabling wp-debug inside of the wp-config.php file.

Also, you did not answer my questions about if it would be possible to try disabling plugins on your site in order to obtain a working copy.

In fact, when visiting the plugins section I only see a broke page. I am not able to disable anything. (See Capture 2)
I am currently not able to activate, deactivate or install any plugins on your site.

We would need to disable plugin folders by renaming them inside of the wp-content directory on the server and change the theme inside of the database in order to identify what is going wrong.

In fact, I would suggest you first reach out to your hosting provider and ask why the server access is restricted. In case you are able to access the server yourself, please enable WP-Debug as mentioned earlier.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

About CPanel, please provide the URL in order to be able to log in.

Kind regards
Andreas

Capture 2.JPG
no FTP server access.JPG
Capture.JPG
April 18, 2020 at 4:37 pm #5939761

davidD-102

Hi,

how many times I need to provide you login access. I am sending again but we already have made the decision to go with Shopify but I will need this website to get the past order access. Please don't do anything on live website. You can copy website to your local manually.

**CREDENTIALS REMOVED**

Thanks

April 19, 2020 at 3:05 am #5940755

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry for the confusion, but you did not clarify that the same FTP access can be used by using the prefix hidden link.

In fact, even though there are not any errors visible on the debug.log.

I changed the WPML plugin folder names, which deactivated our plugins and the site which seemed to be operating better for a moment, but the same issues with wrong redirects and pages without CSS appeared again.

I am still not able to access plugins.php, which means I was not able to install or activate/deactivate any plugins, which in fact seems not WPML related, as our plugins were currently deactivated.

Such issues can occur sometimes with cheap or shared hosting, could this be the case?

Even without our plugins, the website shows unexpected redirects to broken pages, that are missing any CSS.
Those are random issues that occur on any page on the backend from time to time.

I was then suddenly able to install the plugin Query Monitor but to my surprise I did not find any errors, neither I see an unexpected high page load time, as less than 1 and up to 3 seconds are expected with WordPress.

I was trying to obtain a copy of your site but it seems your hosting provider restricted the download speed. The package creation is taking longer than expected, in fact, for a package of 800 MB I reached 30% within one hour, which definitely is hosting related.

Take note that the WPML plugins were currently not activated on your site.

After reactivating our plugins I also did not see any errors, neither an unexpected higher page load time. I am seriously not sure what is causing the issues here and I will have to assign this ticket to one of my colleagues, as I will be on vacation for the next week.

I hope for your understanding.

Kind regards
Andreas

April 20, 2020 at 5:09 pm #5952327

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Andreas is not available today so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

I've just read this ticket. I'm also able to see some of the issues that Andreas mentioned. I would like to take now another approach in investigating the performance issue on your site. I think that in this point it would be the best way to proceed in debugging this issue. Currently I'm creating a test server for your site on our server. And I would like to ask you to migrate your site to our test server. The process is quite easy. You will get from me all the details immideatly in the next private reply. This way, we will be able better without the risk of breaking your live site, to get to the source of the performance issue on your site.

You have sharedwith us the following twi screenshots.
hidden link
hidden link
It would be helpful if you can please specify the exact admin page on which those screenshot were taken.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 20, 2020 at 7:19 pm #5953021

davidD-102

Hi,

We are fed up with all the loading issues on the website due to WPML so now we have decided to go with Shopify so I don't think we need to investigate any issues on the website.

As we asked many time to resolve the issues but didn't get resolved these.

Thanks

April 21, 2020 at 7:16 am #5955561

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with WPML.
On our side, we always try to do our best to support our clients.

I wish you all the best with your web projects.

Regards,
Itamar.