This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
February 7, 2019 at 9:54 pm #3172408

Albin

Tell us what you are trying to do? run the site fast

Is there any documentation that you are following? when i inactivate WPML it runs much faster

Is there a similar example that we can see? Pls can u look at my settings in backend and see its ok?

What is the link to your site?www.selinasevil.se

February 9, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3178487

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I understand you are having site performance issues. Since performance issues can be difficult to pinpoint, let's check a few variables and settings to narrow the issue.

I need some more details about time loading, queries etc. You may use a plugin like Query Monitor to determine the exact issue.

If you haven't already, can you review the following articles and documentation:
https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/
https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/
to ensure all relevant steps are followed?

Can you confirm that the following settings are OFF or disabled:
Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality (WPML > Languages)
Track where strings appear on the site (WPML > String translation)

Please notice that you have MySQL 5.5.52 while the minimum requirement for WPML is 5.6
Could be possible for you to update and see if performance improve?

Can you give me more information about the hardware of your hosting server including the CPU?

What type of hosting do you have? Shared, VPS, Dedicated, etc?

Do you know if object caching is part of your PHP setup? PHP < 5.5 should be APC. Newer versions should use the zend op cache, uAPC will also work though but is slower.

Can you confirm that you are still experiencing performance issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Fifteen)?

Make sure Disk caching is disabled. Ask your hosting if there is server cache enabled and if it's possible to disable it.

Please use tools like pingdom (tools.pingdom.com), google pagespeed insights or gtmetrix (hidden link) to find more factors that affect the speed of your site on the frontend.

The topic ‘[Closed] slow site’ is closed to new replies.