This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 10:41 am #4281811

antoniS

I would like to know if I can delete strings from plugins

July 25, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4283275

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Antoni,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I was the supporter in your chat ticket earlier today.

Yes, as mentioned in our chat you can delete also Strings from plugins. Please check before if these Strings are in use (on Frontend) or if these plugins are not used anymore.

Do you may found a specific String where you are not sure?

Please let me know

Best Marcel

July 25, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4283849

antoniS

I did it, the problem is that there any many fields to be deleted and I dont know how can I do it with database, also my doubt is that if I delete the strings that have been created manually, will the theme stop working or lose the translations I made with locotranslate to the po file? I cleaned the cache "Recreate ST DB cache tables"

July 25, 2019 at 5:00 pm #4285277

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Antoni,

if you want to remove them on the database, I can recommend you the following:

You can try to remove Strings with a pending status (like *Translate need* or *Waiting for translation*) Here you will find some SQL queries:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-find-delete-waiting-for-translations-strings/#post-1244576

In this step, you will delete nothing that is in use but decrease your table size. So you can't mess up an earlier made translation.

!! Please, as recommended in chat run always a full database backup before. !!

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best Marcel