Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After the recent update of JupiterX and WPML, I can't use the customizer anymore. It won't load. If I disable WPML CMS the customizer comes back to life.

Solution: - Make a backup. - Disable all other plugins and leave active only WPML plugins. - Switch to Jupiter X parent theme. - Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link. Run tools under the "Clean up" section, one by one.

Relevant Documentation: - https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.72 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexandreM-28 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
March 1, 2021 at 7:33 pm #8201163

alexandreM-28

Tell us what you are trying to do?
After the recent update of JupiterX and WPML, I can't use the customizer anymore. It won't load. If I disable WPML CMS the customizer comes back to life.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes many!

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

March 2, 2021 at 9:00 am #8205027

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

Actually, this is a known issue that happens with Jupiter X but is not a bug.

If you are using Jupiter X theme, in some cases the customizer may take a long time to load or may not work at all due to a timeout error. This happens because the theme mods option on the database is too big.

The issue has been reported to Jupiter X theme developers. As a workaround, you can follow these steps to be able to load the customizer properly:

1. Go to Jupiter X → Control Panel → System Status
2. Scroll down to Theme Mods Size
3. Click on the Clear button (it may take some time to finish)

Errata:

- https://wpml.org/errata/jupiter-x-customizer-dont-load-if-wpml-is-active/

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

March 2, 2021 at 1:14 pm #8207999

alexandreM-28

That's not it. The clear button does not show up therefore, my mods are not too big. It's clearly something else with WPML.

Also, in the latest JupiterX, this does not exist (Jupiter X → Control Panel → System Status). It's now called Site Health.

Thanks for the help.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.13.04 AM.png
March 2, 2021 at 1:29 pm #8208349

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

It does sound like the same issue, but maybe the theme author changed the location of the button or it is some new issue.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Thanks,
Drazen

March 2, 2021 at 2:27 pm #8209227

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I have checked your site, and after running WPML troubleshooting clean-up tools, it works fine. Customizer open and is working fine.

Video:hidden link

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen

March 2, 2021 at 2:29 pm #8209235

alexandreM-28

How can I run this tool in the future. Do you have an article for me?

Thanks a lot!

March 2, 2021 at 2:57 pm #8209609

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

sure, I have used standard WPML Troubleshooting Options, clean up sections, located in WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link.

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/

Kind regards,
Drazen

March 3, 2021 at 12:44 am #8212345

alexandreM-28

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!