Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 61 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by rickyR-3 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: George Botsev.

Author Posts
January 25, 2023 at 11:27 pm #12893835

rickyR-3

Hello,
any news on this?

January 26, 2023 at 8:28 am #12895417

Faisal Ahammad

Good morning! We are still working on your issue. Once our developer has identified the problem and provided me with an update, I will get back to you right away.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
Faisal

January 26, 2023 at 3:51 pm #12898881

Faisal Ahammad

Hi,
Please share the existing login access details (before making backup) of your website with me. The direct login link doesn't work on the staging/sandbox server. I’m enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy:
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**
- Please backup the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.

Thank you

January 26, 2023 at 4:39 pm #12899335

rickyR-3

Hi,
it's not very clear the request
You need to login into the production site? (the real one)
Did you copy all the files I've send you?
Do you have actual staging/sandbox working installation??

January 26, 2023 at 5:28 pm #12899641

Faisal Ahammad

Hi Ricky,
I have successfully downloaded all of the backup files and escalated your ticket to our second-tier support team. They are requesting the login details necessary to access the dashboard after restoring the backup on their machine. Therefore, I asked for the existing username and password so that they can be used to access the site after the restoration of the backup.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Faisal

January 26, 2023 at 6:06 pm #12899863

rickyR-3

I see this is a pubblic post with user and pass.
Please make it private

January 26, 2023 at 6:19 pm #12900013

Faisal Ahammad

Hi,
I've made the credentials private. I'll update you when I hear back from our 2nd tier support team.

Regards
Faisal

January 30, 2023 at 3:42 pm #12923111

Faisal Ahammad

Hi Ricky,

Our 2nd tier support team investigated your issue with the slow website and found a lot of remote HTTP API calls (27) that might be the main reason for the slowness. They have also noticed a lot of cURL errors with resolving timed out and could not resolve host issues which might point to a hosting issue. The front-end side also shows slowness, which is unrelated to WPML but to the Xstore theme.

Currently, no clear evidence suggests that WPML is slowing the site down. However, the team is still investigating the issue.

We suggest that you discuss the hosting issue with your hosting provider and the slowness of the Xstore theme with the theme provider.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,
Faisal

January 30, 2023 at 4:04 pm #12923327

rickyR-3

Hello Faisal,
I do not agree with this outcome
It is evident that when I turn off WPML the site flies and the load is less than 1 second per page
So for me it is related to WPML
We also use the theme on other sites where WPML is not installed and we have no problems.
Instead, the hosting is a dedicated server with 16 cores and 32GB, a very performing machine.

Waiting for more news please

Thank you

January 30, 2023 at 10:54 pm #12925279

rickyR-3

Hello,
about the API calls I don't see any errors on the production site
Same for the cURL errors. Not get any of this.

If you are work on the site clone you should set all custom permalink corretly.

I confirm the production site is very fast (<1 sec) if WPML is off.

February 1, 2023 at 7:59 am #12935039

Faisal Ahammad

Hello Ricky,
I hope you're doing well this morning. Our team is still investigating and I'm confident they'll come up with a solution soon. They've already implemented some custom coding that has helped to improve the load speed.

Once I hear back from them with the final verdict, I'll be sure to let you know. I truly appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Faisal

February 5, 2023 at 1:14 pm #12963057

Faisal Ahammad

Hi,

Good evening! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

To help improve the load speed of your website, please add the following code to your child theme's functions.php file or a plugin such as Code Snippets. We can't guarantee that this will work, but it's worth a try!

add_filter( 'pre_load_script_translations', array( $this, 'add_json_translations_to_import_queue' ), 10, 4 );

add_filter( 'load_script_translation_file', array( $this, 'override_jed_file' ), self::PRIORITY_OVERRIDE_JED_FILE, 3 );

Let me know how it goes!

Warm regards,
Faisal

February 7, 2023 at 1:06 pm #12978005

Faisal Ahammad

Hi Ricky,

Good afternoon! I apologize for the confusion - I meant to ask you to comment out the two lines of code, not add them. It was my mistake.

Before you make any changes, please make sure to back up your site.

To proceed, navigate to the WPML String Translation plugin folder using (S)FTP or File Manager. Then, comment out the following lines of code:

➡️ Line number 27 on /plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translation-files/jed/wpml-st-script-translations-hooks.php

add_filter( load_script_translation_file, array( $this, override_jed_file ), self::PRIORITY_OVERRIDE_JED_FILE, 3 );

➡️ Line number 53 on /plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/wpml-st-translations-file-registration.php

add_filter( pre_load_script_translations, array( $this, add_json_translations_to_import_queue ), 10, 4 );

Once you've made the changes, please let me know how it goes. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,
Faisal

February 8, 2023 at 9:43 am #12985389

rickyR-3

Hello Faisal,

it's not working. Return the same fatal error in functions.php I've send you before.

This is the comment lines into the 2 files

#### add_filter( 'load_script_translation_file', array( $this, 'override_jed_file' ), self::PRIORITY_OVERRIDE_JED_FILE, 3 );

#### add_filter( 'pre_load_script_translations', array( $this, 'add_json_translations_to_import_queue' ), 10, 4 );

Please advise what to do

February 8, 2023 at 11:53 am #12987073

Faisal Ahammad

Hi Ricky,

Good evening! You've added a // comment before the code to prevent it from executing. It should look like this:

// add_filter( pre_load_script_translations, array( $this, add_json_translations_to_import_queue ), 10, 4 );

Give it a try, and let me know how it goes! I'm eager to hear your feedback.

Wishing you the best,
Faisal

The topic ‘[Closed] Slow site’ is closed to new replies.