This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michelS-2 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 20, 2020 at 12:39 pm #6177565

michelS-2

After activating WPML they website is slower than we want to see it. Other websties we build, without WPML, are fast, but with Woo + WPML websites we always feel that the websites are slower than we want.

I followed all this
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/when-wpml-is-enabled-my-pages-on-my-website-loads-very-slow/ but it doesn't seem to help.

May 21, 2020 at 10:45 am #6185751

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I can see that on first page load the site needed quiet some time but once the sit eis loaded I do not really an issue. WPML is a complex plugin which actually hooks into almost anything found on WP and page load times of 0.7 seconds for running only WooCommerce with WPML are expected.

Now, on your site once the site is inside the cache, I see page load times of less than 1 or maximum 3 seconds which is indeed expected.

Do you see any situations (not on first page load) where the page load time is between 6-10 or higher?

Did you already try using a different cache plugin?

We do actually recommend the following options:

- WP Rocket
- WP Super Cache
- W3 Total Cache

Source: https://wpml.org/faq/list-of-top-compatibility-recommendations/

Kind regards
Andreas

May 26, 2020 at 10:41 am #6218195

michelS-2

Hi, thanks. LiteSPeed cache is a great caching plugin, so that shouldn't be the issue. We get 3-4 seconds load time, not 6-10, but even 3-4 is not fast enough for a ecommerce site to not lose conversaion. Any suggestions?

And we got this error when doing nothing?
Foutdetails
===========
Een fout van het type E_ERROR werd veroorzaakt op regelnummer 130 van het bestand /home/ibana/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php. Foutmelding: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /home/ibana/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /home/ibana/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ibana/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element))
#1 /home/ibana/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(12191)
#2 /home/ibana/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/ibana/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_ac

May 27, 2020 at 2:06 am #6224213

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided information.

In fact, there seems to be an issue with Media Translation and in fact this could be causing issues with the page load time.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

May 27, 2020 at 9:32 pm #6233305

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I enabled WP-Debug inside of wp-config.php and inspected the site. Further, I can some WPML options to sync Media, sync WooCommerce Content and WPML Troubleshooting Options.

It is quiet surpising to me that no debug.log was created, as on the Shop page I see the following:

Deprecated: get_product is
verouderd
sinds versie 3.0. Gebruik in plaats daarvan wc_get_product. in /home/ibana/public_html/stresstest/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4713

This error refers to the use of a deprecated function to display products and should be replaced accordingly. Take note, that this is not WPML related. It might be most likely an issue between theme and WooCommerce.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51813603/notice-get-product-is-deprecated-since-version-3-0-use-wc-get-product-instead

I have disabled WP-Debug again now, in order for the error not to show up on Front-End.

While my session there was not any error gathered realted to WPML and not any debug.log created.

Could you provide me more information about where you found the mentioned error? Did you spot any functionality issues with WPML?

Also, I realized that the current used WPML plugin versions are outdated. I would suggest updating to the latest versions.

Please provide me more information about the error. Could it be that this error was gathered some time ago and already was solved with one of the latest updates?

Kind regards
Andreas

May 28, 2020 at 7:23 am #6236355

michelS-2

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I just got the email from WP that says there was a critical error.

We will check the debug info and the deprecated message as soon as possible.

Just updated all WPML plugins 🙂

May 30, 2020 at 12:21 am #6253317

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi,

I would suggest for now you enable WP-Debug again and add the code line for WP_DEBUG_LOG as seen in this documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Once a error occurs it will be gathered inside of a debug.log file in wp-content.

Just avoid including the line WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY as this might show errors on Front-End as well.

Also, in case you experience any functional issues with WPML please reach out right again.

As far I have been investigating I did not spot the error which means it might have been solved with one of the latest updates.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 30, 2020 at 8:16 am #6254953

michelS-2

Okay, thanks, will try!

May 30, 2020 at 8:16 am #6254955

michelS-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!