This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 5:07 pm #4417583

williamk-20

Hi, I really like to make this WPML to work without affecting the performance of the woocommerce store, performance was the only thing that stop me from using WPML.

I have set all the 4 options accordingly to increase the performance as in
https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

Already using PHP 7.2
Increase the memory limit to 1GB
Using the WP Super Cache.

When there's no any WPML plugin activated, this is the TTFB in Google Chrome developer shows when add an item to the cart in seconds.

= average of 1.1931 seconds

When these plugins are activated

WPML Multilingual CMS
String Translation
Translation Management
Media Translation
WooCommerce Multilingual

and add to cart using the main default currency USD

= average of 1.793 seconds

when the plugins above are activated, add to cart using secondary currency EUR

= average of 2.318 seconds

The difference between the slowest (using WPML plugins with EUR) and the fastest (without any plugins) is 1.1249 seconds (2.318 - 1.1931) , that's quite a lot for me.

Anymore further performance tuning I can possibly do ?

August 19, 2019 at 5:56 pm #4418139

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

We would kindly like to ask you to provide a new Duplicator package. Also please include a list of your theme and plugins into the private reply.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator is free of use for backups up to 500MB and the package includes any content, themes, plugins and the database. As your site seems to exceed this limit there is a workaround.

In the first step of the Duplicator package creation process you are able to set filters for folders that will be excluded from the package building process.

You can simply add the filters for cache and uploads and it should bring your backup package to a minimal size.

More information here:
hidden link

In case of any issues please let me know. I can offer to create a package with Duplicator PRO in case you provide access to the site.

I have enabled the private box for your next reply. Please also add here a list of your plugins and theme for our developers who will revise your site and apply fixes into the upcoming version of CMS Multilingual and String Translation.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Slower Performance After Using WPML’ is closed to new replies.