Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.28 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 26, 2021 at 5:05 pm #8182995

mohammadS-13

Tell us what you are trying to do?
am trying to activate a second language and multi currency

Is there any documentation that you are following?
i had a discussion with wpml team over chat and implement all the proposed requirement by wpml team but still facing the issue and no improvement after implementing it

Is there a similar example that we can see?
you can visit my site merca2o.com and check the speed

What is the link to your site?
merca2o.com

February 26, 2021 at 6:07 pm #8183507

mohammadS-13

Hello Team,

additional information:

i start debugging for couple of days, but tell now no clue about why TTFB taking up to 3min in whenever using wpml plugins

what i did is the below,
- install a staging copy of my live site locally and i run it locally (same slowness)
- tried to deactivate all the plugins and kept only wpml plugins (same slowness)
- tried to change the theme to default theme twenty twenty and kept the other plugin inactive only wpml active (even slower as doubled )

- only when i deactivate wpml plugin it work normally and speed back to normal,

so i tried all possible solutions but no clue at all what is the issue all what i know the slowness cause by wpml and don't think it is server performance or connection issue as i also checked that point and the nothing in the memory usage or CPU usage hit more than 50% and i open high memory for WP as you can see in the previous shared log, and i have same performance in local staging server so even domain and cdn side are fine in my case

please let me hear from you ASAP

March 1, 2021 at 6:50 am #8193515

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Few questions:
- is the performance problem visible on the frontend or backend or both?
- would you mind sharing access credentials with me so that I can check it with and without WPML (I would temporarily deactivate the plugin and observe the site speed then?

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Slowness on After using WPML’ is closed to new replies.