Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Darcy 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
November 12, 2019 at 12:16 am #4928705

Darcy

I am trying to:
I am using iCanLocalize and new translations are coming in, but the slugs for these translations are in the translated language. I have tried to follow documentation and I have set:

Settings, Page URLs: Copy from original language if translation language uses encoded URLs
Under Edit Languages, I have Encode URL set to No.

I am wondering whether this last setting is the problem, even though that doesn't make sense to me. So I have adjusted the Encode URL to Yes. I trashed a translation and I tried to download it again. Unfortunately the new translation is not coming in.

I hope you can help.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

November 12, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4934249

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Setting the option 'Copy from original language if translation language uses encoded URLs' will affect for newly-created posts. For existing posts, you will need to update the original post and then the translation. And the option Encode URL does need to be set to Yes.

Now I'm not at all sure that all this can work for posts that were translated by a translation service. ICanLocalize in your case. But if I understand correctly, currently you have a problem to redownload the translations from ICanLocalaize. Is this correct?

If so, then please share with me the access to your site and explain to me which posts you trying to download again.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

November 15, 2019 at 1:03 am #4950869

Darcy

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!