This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 9:24 am #4552093

rubenA-3

I am trying to:
Access a post in a CPT, but the slug gets translated to english instead of portuguese. ex: /pt-pt/produtos/.. gets translated to /pt-pt/products/... and redirects to a completely different page, or to a 404 page. This happens randomly throughout the day, and then sorts itself out after a few minutes or if I refresh the permalinks. The same pages, if I switch the language to english, throw 404s.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Anywhere on the site.

I expected to see:
/pt-pt/produtos/
/pt-pt/vinhos/
/pt-pt/marcas/
/pt-pt/centro-de-imprensa/

Instead, I got:
/pt-pt/products/
/pt-pt/wines/
/pt-pt/brands/
/pt-pt/press-center/

This happened randomly, throughout the day, in both the production site as well as the dev site.

This is also the third time I'm posting here about this and it still isn't resolved.

September 11, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4553293

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I deployed your site here:
hidden link

It is hidden behind maintenance mode. Can you do the following:
- check if slugs are properly translated
- if not, translate them properly

After this, please wait some time, such as one working day, to see if the issue will be happening further and compare this with your sites. This one is on Apache server and I haven't removed any of the plugins or themes, what I did is to update them all only (WPML required update, also ACF Pro).

The logins for this site are stored within my previous private reply and are the same you sent to me before.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Slugs of CPT get randomly translated to wrong language’ is closed to new replies.