Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 29, 2018 at 8:47 am #2243626

Puntorosso

Hi,

sorry but I don't get the point of the translation management with the Divi theme.

I have a long one-page site and, every time a do a small change (even just a few words), and I update the main language (english), I have to re-confirm 50% of the translated fields ( checkbox "Translation is complete") on all other languages!

It's a nightmare, and I cannot understand why I have to re-confirm something that didn't changed!
Only the field that has been updated should be un-flagged, ready to be edited and re-confirmed.

Not having the possibility to show only the field that need to be updated doesn't help neither.
To find the right spot to edit you have to scroll a long list of fields and be careful not to miss the right one.

Any workaround is appreciated.

Thanks

Best

May 30, 2018 at 9:57 am #2249997

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I've installed the Divi theme on my test server and tried the following.
1. I've created a page in the default language and added 11 modules (texts and buttons) to this page.
2. Then I've translated the page into the second language on my site and made sure that the translation is 100% complete.
3. Then I've edited the original page and added some changes to 3 out of the 11 elements and updated the page.
4. Then I've pressed to edit the translation of the page, and only the 3 modules that I've updated were unchecked, and I could complete the translation and save it.
It seems that on clean WordPress installation I cannot replicate this issue.
Am I following the correct steps that you take?

I've seen today what seems like a similar issue on our forum. It is the issue in this ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/strings-already-translated-lose-translation-complete-checkbox/
I would like to ask you to check the following please to see if it the same issue.
1. Go to one of the translated pages. Open it for editing with the Translation Editor as you normally do. But make sure that it shows as 100% complete. Do not update anything before that on the original page.
2. Now refresh the page with the browser (F5).
Does it go unchecked this time?
Do some of the fields are unchecked, and it is not showing anymore the 100% complete at the bottom?

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Small changes when translating post with Divi’ is closed to new replies.