This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 1 day, 17 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4589869

Anton Lysak

I am trying to: send items into Smartcat

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (yes, the quality of this screenshot is pure garbage, that's what we received from the client, but at least you can have an idea what page I am talking about, basically, it is the very last page user can see before redirecting to the Smartcat)

I expected to see: translations are successfully sent, I am redirected to the Smartcat project

Instead, I got: "Job batch is cancelled"

Several clients reported this issue, while I can't reproduce it in the demo account we have.

Maybe you have any ideas what could go wrong or you received similar reports in the last few days.

Once I get more info - I will post it here, but at the moment that's all we've got.

September 18, 2019 at 8:51 am #4593907

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi, and thanks for contacting our support forum.

Is it possible to send me these data,

- Site URL
- The credentials of the site.
- Title for one page that I can use as a test
- The language that you want to translate to

The next reply will be private for you to share the credentials.

Best regards.

September 26, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4648895

Anton Lysak

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply. We were collecting some info.

First, I'd like to know whether "IP Blocking" feature may harm work process of the WPML plugin. The client who experiences problems with sending content to Smartcat has pretty strict rules there. If it may be the case, can you provide us with IP addresses pool which we can exclude?

Below are error messages we get when trying to send posts. It is partially in Hindi, but the main error message is still in English.

I tried to send the first post to Smartcat (from the "cart"):

(3) Cannot find language with iso_code all

Tried it again:

(13) Batch doesn't contain any jobs

Tried another document. It said that everything is OK, but when I go to the Smartcat by the link provided by WPML I get this:

Cannot find the batch
Please check again in few minutes.

Tried it few minutes later:

Jobs in this batch are cancelled
Please try to send the content for translation one more time.

Nothing was created in Smartcat.
So, the theory about IP Whitelisting feature looks like a real thing. 🙂

Also, here's a TP code I found: [מזהה TP: 506920]
The status is Cancelled

I am sorry, but I can't give access to the admin panel.

Thanks!

September 30, 2019 at 9:45 am #4663429

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

I have sent you the IP in my previous private comment, have you checked it?

We have deployed a fix on our server which fixed a similar issue on another client site, so can you please try to send the content again and see if it works for you too.

Best regards.

October 1, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4673251

Anton Lysak

Hi!

I've tried to test it again, but the result is still the same.
I've tried different documents and here's what I get (see screenshots).

Will ask client to whitelist the IP you sent.

October 2, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4680135

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi, thanks for coming back to us.

This is a different issue, I have checked our logs and found this error coming from the Smartcat side when we try to create a batch for the jobs:

Could not create batch to Translation Service. #<SmartCat::Client::Error: "Error processing request. Correlation id: aec16f2c-1865-4062-93d0-845388769e25\r\nInvalid project name: ליצ\\'י תרגומים WPML he"> "Error processing request. Correlation id: aec16f2c-1865-4062-93d0-845388769e25\r\nInvalid project name: ליצ\\'י תרגומים WPML he"

So it seems that Smartcat doesn't accept the project name, so I'm checking with our dev if it is possible to correct the name on our side.

Best regards.

October 2, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4680951

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi,

We have checked again and we think that the issue came from the batch name, so can you please try to name the batch with only English characters and try again.

The batch name can be found at the translation basket tab, so the steps that you have to take are:

- Go to WPML -> Translation Management
- Add the pages to the basket
- Go to the translation basket, and name the batch with only English characters
- Send the batch and let me know if it works.

Best regards.

October 14, 2019 at 7:58 am #4747881

Anton Lysak

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry for the late reply.

We've tried to whitelist the IP you provided us with, but it did not help. 🙂

Thanks for the information, it is very helpful.

I've tried to rename the batch as you suggested, but it did not work for the first document: hidden link
I assume, it is empty or something like that. hidden link
It is also password-protected for viewers. Can it be a problem for WPML to pick it up?

But for the second document - it works! Changing the batch-name helped.

We support non-English project names, but you tried to send \\ which system did not like.

Here's a list of characters that can't be used in the project name: * | \ : " < > ? /

October 14, 2019 at 8:19 am #4747977

Anton Lysak

By the way, can you give us more information why the document from this screenshot was not sent to Smartcat? hidden link

Is there any opportunity for us to see what you were trying to send? Seeing XLIFF file would be helpful.

October 14, 2019 at 4:29 pm #4752005

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Hi Anton,

As I can see that the old issue with the batch name has been solved now, and I have checked our logs and found two errors related to the batch "demo_batch|he|2"

The first error is: Cannot find language with iso_code all
This means that you are using a custom language code (all) which is not supported by our TP server, so can you please let me know which language do you want to use? and is it possible to replace it with a standard code instead of (all)?

The second error is: Batch doesn't contain any jobs
This means that there is something wrong with the XLIFF file, which made our TP server not able to parse it, so in order to get the file and check it, please follow these steps:

- Go to WPML -> Translation management, and add the same post to the basket
- Open the basket and send the batch to a local translator
- Go to WPML -> Translations, and download the XLIFF file from the bulk action.
- Upload the file to any online drive and send me the link and I will check it.

Best regards.