Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christopher-3 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
December 8, 2019 at 5:43 pm #5089063

christopher-3

Hello

WPML is KO since I updated to 3.2.2.
For exemple, I cannot translation Accommodation.
The most efficient way is to give you a full access to the admin, you'll see that you won t find the WPML link to translate Accodomation.

I have this issue for ALL others item

December 10, 2019 at 11:23 am #5099281

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you very much for your patience and sorry to have you waiting - there is a very full ticket queue at the moment and it takes us a bit more than usual to answer tickets.

Now, regarding your question:

1. If the strings are not in WPML > String Translation, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

This link might help, too, in case you added any strings directly in the code:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/translating-the-theme-you-created/

2. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

3. If you still can't find it using the solutions above, you can try to use the "Auto register strings for translation" feature from the bottom of the WPML > String Translation page and after you enable that, visit the front-end page where those strings are displayed (refresh the page) and then go to WPML > String Translation and search for the strings again and they should show up.

4. If you still can't find it, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

December 10, 2019 at 11:13 pm #5103321

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for sharing the credentials - I was able to log into the backend successfully.

I thought that "Accommodation" was a string, not a page 🙂

So can you please help me understand what exactly you are trying to do there?

Are you trying to translate the different type of rooms?

You need to make sure that all the custom post types (WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation) that you will use are set first to "Translatable" - I will attach a screenshot.

Also, all the custom fields (WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation) that you will use need to be set to "Translatable" too.

After you set these ones to "Translatable", you need to first re-save the original-language content and then go to the translation and new fields and content should show up.

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 11, 2019 at 7:22 am #5104137

christopher-3

Hello,

good idea but update does not work. You can try.

Hint : I think I have to update database before but I am not sure

according to you what is the URL = to
href="' . get_home_url() . '?shb_update_3_1=update'
So I can call it

if(get_option( 'shb_3_1_update') == 'update_required') {
echo '<div class="notice notice-error"><p>';
echo 'Database update required, <a target="_blank" href="hidden link">please read this</a> before clicking the <a target="_blank" href="' . get_home_url() . '?shb_update_3_1=update' . '">update link here</a>';
echo '</p></div>';
}

December 11, 2019 at 4:13 pm #5108733

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Sorry but unfortunately I am not able to understand what are you trying to accomplish.

Can you please explain a bit more?

If you can create a screen recording, that would also help, too.

I practically need to know what you are trying to accomplish and what were the exact steps that you tried already.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 11, 2019 at 5:43 pm #5109687

christopher-3

Hello
I did all what you asked
WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation ...
But nothing works
could you help and tell why ?

December 12, 2019 at 3:40 pm #5116613

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am not sure that you fully understand my question.

Can you please let me know if you would prefer to talk with one of my colleagues into another language?

From what I can see, your email is on .fr so can you please let me know if you speak French so that I can connect you with one of my colleagues that speak French?

Practically, I am not able to understand what exactly you are trying to translate.

Please let me know if you would prefer me to connect you with a French-speaking supporter.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 12, 2019 at 7:45 pm #5118339

christopher-3

Hello
Are you taking the mickey out of me ?
I'm trying to translate Accommodation Pages.
And Your method does not work.
Try to do it your self for one and you'll see

December 13, 2019 at 3:46 pm #5124811

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am not sure what this means: "Are you taking the mickey out of me ?"

However, all I needed from you actually is this: "I'm trying to translate Accommodation Pages."

Now, that I can understand what you are trying to do, I can spend more time working on this.

Thank you for the clarification.

I will keep you updated as soon as I have more information on this matter.

I am also leaving the ticket assigned to myself.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 17, 2019 at 5:06 pm #5148941

christopher-3

waiting for your Help.
10 days till now for what ?

December 17, 2019 at 5:19 pm #5149073

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your amazing patience!

I need 2 more things from you:

1. Can you please go here (hidden link) and register WPML (here is the process: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register)?

2. After you do that, can you please create a full website backup and then go here (hidden link) and update everything to the latest version?

Please let me know when that's ready.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 17, 2019 at 7:13 pm #5149491

christopher-3

Hello
Ready
Thanks

December 18, 2019 at 8:59 pm #5158087

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

That's great, thank you for letting me know about this.

So you will see that I've done a few things in the screenshots below.

Now, the accommodation shows properly and we don't see the shortcode anymore (the shortcode was missing the "shb_" in front of what was there already so from

[accommodation_listing_1 columns="3" rooms_per_page="3"]

we had to transform it into

[shb_accommodation_listing_1 columns="3" rooms_per_page="3"]

Now, I can see something else that's not correct - the language switcher at the top is not the one WPML is generating (I can see that in the code) so that's why when I click on the FR language (when I'm on EN) or when I click on EN when I'm on FR, it takes us to the front-page/default home-page.

The language switcher is either displayed by the theme or by a plugin that you are using and that is not working as it should.

I recommend that you use one of the language switcher options that we have in the WPML > Languages (I will attach a screenshot with the options). Also here is some helpful info about that: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#separate-sections-for-different-kinds-of-language-switchers

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai

December 21, 2019 at 8:57 am #5174825

christopher-3

Hello,

Thank you very much for your great work ! I did all what you said and I can see now.
could you just help and tell me why the rev slider does not appear in accommodation or home pages ?
Thanks a lot

December 23, 2019 at 3:44 pm #5185509

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I am super happy to hear that this is resolved.

Now, regarding the revolution slider issue, that's a different plugin/product and a separate issue, even if it's happening in the "accommodation" custom post type.

Usually, things should be working if you follow the steps in the link below:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/

However, if that's not the case and if you already followed the steps and things still don't work properly, please open a new ticket regarding this issue.

Our support policy allows us to take care of only one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai